Product Type: Tesco Oral Care
Newest Review: ... teeth to try it out to see how it performed, after all they are toothbrushes for brushing teeth. My toothpaste sat on top of the brushes re... more
The disposable toothbrush!
Tesco Value Toothbrush
Member Name: kama0529
Tesco Value Toothbrush
Advantages: Cheap. OK for short term use.
Disadvantages: Not angled. Bristles all same length. Bristles soft. Doesn't last long.
I have used Tesco Value Toothbrushes several times when I have been traveling because at 10p a pop it's okay to use if for a few days and then to throw it away. I also have a couple that I keep at home for visitors when they come to stay with me and forget their toothbrush (I know it seems to be something that I always forget when I go to stay with friends!).
The Tesco Value Toothbrush is a white plastic toothbrush that comes wrapped in a cellophane packet (you get 2 brushes per pack) - which makes it ideal to be used when traveling as you can just keep it in the packet (and hence clean) until you reach your destination. The toothbrush is made of quite cheap feeling plastic, but it feels robust enough for short term use - and certainly when I've used one toothbrush for two weeks it stood up to the challenge. The design of the toothbrush is pretty basic and non-inspiring, not being angled to get at my back teeth more easily and without a sculptured handle to make using it more ergonomical. Having said that, the design, while basic, is also adequate - although it's not something I'd want to be using on a day to day basis as I like my electric toothbrush! The bristles are all the same length, which is not ideal for cleaning teeth, especially the molars and premolars. In addition to this, the bristles feel pretty soft and not very robust and so when I brush my teeth it feels like I can't brush them as hard as I feel I need to. Certainly, after two weeks of use, the bristles are getting very soft and frayed - and ideally I wouldn't suggest using this brush for more than about a week.
Overall, I think these toothbrushes are okay for very short term use - but I wouldn't suggest this being your main toothbrush, but it's ideal for travel.
Summary: Its okay for short term use.
More reviews in the field of Oral Care
- Definitely an unusual dental hygiene experience!
- Boots expert disposable dental flossers, very handy
- squeeky clean teeth after using this
- Clean teeth and fresh breath...without the yucky mint
- Whitening toothpaste from Oral-B!
- It's Dental TAPE!
- String for teeth
- Crest Whitening Strips (Professional Effects & Intensive Professional Effects)
- I'd recommend trying it
- The tooth about the brush with the chunky handle...
- Colgate Total Sensitive
- Blanx Extrawhite Intensive Whitening Treatment
- Lush Dirty Toothy Tabs
- Aquafresh Extra Care Mouthwash
- Corsodyl Daily Interdental Brushes
- Oral B Stages Kids Heads Princess
- Oral B Stages Toothpaste Fruit Burst Flavour
- Oral B Stages Toothpaste Princess Bubble Gum Flavour
- Oral B Stages Toothpaste Winnie the Pooh Berry Bubble Flavour
- Philips Sonicare AirFloss