Newest Review: ... cash hidden on top of the kitchen cupboard out of sight of our children ready to spend on our final night (for a decent family meal, drin... more
Holidays to remember
Member Name: blabberwort
Advantages: Good price, lots of entertainment, friendly staff
Disadvantages: none that I can think of
I have been to Butlins twice now as an adult with family and we're going back again this year.
If your after a family holiday thats not too expensive then this is for you.
The camp has endless things to do, and literally something for all ages. The main entertainment is centred around the skyline. A big tent like thing which houses entertainment, a bar, places to buy food as well as big trampoline things.
On thecamp itself there are several clubs each doing different entertainment. This includes wrestling, karaoke as well as having stars of things like britains got talent and x factor though obviously entertainment varies week to week.
Butlins do a number of themed holidays including the 60's and aduly only.
Im not able to comment on the chalets owned by Butlins as we always stay in a private caravan. I have found this to be the cheaper option and luckily for us the caravan we stay in has everything we need and more.
On the camp there is also a huge lake in which fishing is allowed so if theres any anglers in the family you can let them go fishing while you go and have a look around the camp itself.
The staff consists of red coats and I have always found them to be very pleasant, always smiling and very happy to help. Im sure that considering the hours they work and what they must have to put up with from the odd pain in the neck holidaymaker they do an amazing job.
They're fantastic with children and as my son is special needs this is extremely important to me.
Butlins also have a fair in the grounds which i think is free to use. While most of the entertainment is free to use/do there are obviously some things which they do charge for. However you can have a perfectly great time without having to pay for any extras.
Butlins do a range of holidays from self catering to half board. Theres also quite a range of accomodation to choose from. Usually something for most budgets.
The swimming pool is fantastic and consists of endless things to do from the wave machine to the tubes you go down right up to the hot tubs. Theres also an area which is shallower and just a plain pool for anyone who has difficulty swimming or just wants a break from the crowds.
I actually cant fault Butlins at all, and it will always be my first choice for a uk holiday.
Summary: A good family holiday for all ages
More reviews in the field of Other UK / Ireland topic
- Paint your own pottery
- Beautiful park in a not so beautiful town
- A fantastic airshow staged in bournemouth
- Overpriced, but they have the monopoly.
- A PLACE IN THE COMMUNITY
- Shhhhh! Top Secret! Don't Tell The World About This Place!
- Rural Village Hall - easy to locate on the side of the A477 Trunk Road into Pemb ...
- Great Site for the quiet visitor, worth a visit just for the views.
- the king of soft play centres
- Gwyl Cwrw Corris Beer Festival (Wales)
- Manor Farm Caravan and Camping Site (Cromer)
- Weymouth Vintage Bus Running Day (Weymouth)
- Sky Trail Adventure
- Jack in the Box (Beverley)
- Sand Le Mere Holiday Village (Yorkshire)
- Hollowell Steam Rally (Northants)
- Corris Music Festival (Wales)
- Snakes and Ladders (Dunstable)
- Bank Farm Leisure Park (Horton)