Newest Review: ... pleasing to look at and helpful, if a bit slow. The coffee is good, which personally is a big plus. I have some reservations about the q... more
Member Name: NOCDAV
Date: 27/08/00, updated on 27/08/00 (139 review reads)
Advantages: Location if you live nearby
Disadvantages: Location if you have not got an A-Z
The Lux Cinema
In trendy Hoxton Square, just off the Old street roundabout is where the Lux is doing it's thing. It's cheap, £6.00 a throw £5.00 for members, and it's cheerful, and the Front of House staff are pleasing to look at and helpful,
if a bit slow. The coffee is good, which personally is a big plus. I have some reservations about the quality of the temporary seating, which I was dreading, but for a not overly long film it was ok. I would not want to be
in it for more than a couple of hours however.
So far the programming has been a refreshing change from the multiscreen Hollywood dross, and I look forward to many happy returns. For me a late start time is much to be applauded. 21:00 for American Movie a few weeks ago.
The film does start as advertised on the button, so don't expect 20 minutes of Pearl & Dean and other dross to allow you that extra livener in the bar next door. The audience when I visited was also a bit loud which I find intensely
irritating. I put that down to too many stimulants. That's Hoxton for you.
More reviews in the field of Other UK / Ireland topic
- Twisted Firestarters - 'The Tempest' on an oil rig...
- BRISTOLS FLY AWAY SUCCESS
- See You Next Wednesday
- The Cheapest Cinema in London..
- Barbican Leisure Centre : Warner Bros
- Rain + metal (music) = RUST
- Download Festival
- Get fit, healthy and toned!
- A Peaceful St. Ives Stay...
- Grand Union Canal ( Northamptonshire)
- Sand Le Mere Holiday Village (Yorkshire)
- Kidzplay (Prestwick)
- Lee Valley White Water Centre
- Mablethorpe Seal Sanctuary & Wildlife Centre
- Riva Bingo (Newark)
- Lincoln Superbowl
- Nikon Solutions Expo (London)
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds Membership
- Planet Happy (Ripley)
- Go Bananas (Colchester)