Newest Review: ... cannons that allows you to shoot foam balls at various targets including the other visitors. A café area with plenty of tables overloo... more
Fun for kids and adults
Member Name: Sparktrader
Advantages: indoors, safe, fun.
Disadvantages: basic cafe.
Magicland is an indoor play centre for kids up to 12 years old.
My daughter loves it and we visit regularly even though we live 20 miles away.
A 13,000sq foot arena that includes a huge soft play structure that has ball rivers and pools, zip slides, log ramps, several slides including a 70 foot one.
A separate toddler safe play area.
A five a side football pitch
A cannon arena that contains four pneumatically powered cannons that allows you to shoot foam balls at various targets including the other visitors.
A café area with plenty of tables overlooking all the play equipment. The food is basic but very good.
An area with a number of sofas with a widescreen TV
3 Separate areas for parties or groups to have food or party games.
Air hockey, video games and other arcade machines.
The price is the best part in my opinion. There are different prices for peak and off-peak. Peak is school holidays, weekends and after 15:30 each day.
Prices for peak are £1 for adults, £3.75 for 1-4 year olds and £4.75 for 5-12 year olds. Off-peak is 50p for adults, £2 for 1-4 year olds and £2.50 for 5-12 year olds. Under 1 year old are free all the time.
When my wife and I take our 3 year old on a week day, it costs us a total of £3.00 for several hours of great play. Bargain.
They have their own car park or there is lots of parking on the roads nearby.
Magicland is great for a number of reasons. Firstly, it is ideal for a wet day because it is totally enclosed. You have the choice of either letting your kid/s run around on their own (it is very safe with locked gates that the staff have to open to get in and out) or play with them on the play things. They have no problem with parents climbing over the structures, going down the slides or playing in the cannon arena (my favourite bit).
You would struggle to last a day here but its great for a few hours fun.
Summary: A great place for kids.
More reviews in the field of Other UK / Ireland topic
- A weekend is not enough for us
- great shopping experience
- Vue Cinema - The Light, Leeds
- King Pin
- A sticky start to the new 2011 season
- Can't even throw in a few toilet rolls!
- Shopping in Beautiful Surroundings and So Much more!
- Right, that's it we need a break!
- Best screen in the city
- Our favourite UK holiday in the UK
- Heartlands (Cornwall)
- Aintree Racecourse
- Guildford Spectrum Energy Level Gym & Spa (Guildford)
- Weymouth Vintage Bus Running Day (Weymouth)
- Crubenbeg Highland Holiday Cottages (Newtonmore)
- Brokerswood Country Park Campsite (Westbury, Wiltshire)
- Monkey Bizness Soft Play Centre (Sheffield)
- The Miners Standard (Winster, Derbyshire)
- Hardwick Park (Sedgefield, County Durham)
- Longthorns Farm Campsite (Dorset)