Newest Review: ... if people don't like rock music they dont have to sit through anything they don't like. The main acts I went to see was 30 seconds to m... more
More for the young un's
Member Name: Beth21
Advantages: good bands
Reading festival takes place over August bank holiday every year, and the line up is identical with Leeds festival, also that weekend.
The Line up - Reading's line up is a combination of Indie, pop, metal, emo, electo-rockish and dance. Which in itself is quite the combination. Last year (2008) i saw bands which varied from MGMT, Justice to Metallica and Rage aginst the Machiene, with some Killers, Bloc Party and Biffy Clyro chucked in for good measure.
The atmosphere - I went to reading when i was 21,and to be honest i felt quite old. There was alot of 16-18 year olds who obviously do not drink that much acting quite annoying and immature, which i find can be quite off putting. At Reading you have to suffer the mosh pits at pretty much any band you see, also bottle fights! However theres a great buzz from thousands of peopel who want to see some great music.
Toilets - One word disgusting. Flooded in a couple of days, stank. Also the last day of teh festival its tradion to rip them down, so you will find yourself pissing in a cup!
Getting there - my advice, walk from Reading station, not that far really. Waiting for the boat ride is long and aggrivating, i spent hours ina cue and the walk back only took us approx 30 minutes.
Concluding - I think Reading is a good festival when it comes to the acts, but atmosphere lets the festival down really. Im more a glastonbury fan, its more chilled out, your loos wont get ripped apart and you wont eb kicked in teh face by some idiot at a gig.
Summary: okay if your under 20
More reviews in the field of Other UK / Ireland topic
- Newcastle's Special Cinema
- Greenacres is Great!
- Support you local brewaries!
- A lovely quiet location but lodges were a bit cramped!
- The Lincolnshire Show
- Love, love, love it....
- A PLACE IN THE COMMUNITY
- Very busy but enjoyable play centre.
- Shhhhh! Top Secret! Don't Tell The World About This Place!
- the king of soft play centres
- Park Barn (Holt, Norfolk)
- Fun City (England)
- Heartlands (Cornwall)
- Dacre Lakeside Park (Yorkshire)
- Emirates Air Line Cable Car
- The Ceramic Experience (Newcastle upon Tyne)
- Funworld Leisure (Greenock, Scotland)
- Sandford Holiday Park (Wareham, Dorset)
- Wood Lane Sports Centre Kids Kingdom (Dagenham)
- Island Line Isle of Wight