Newest Review: ... kept in the train station entrances, or you can download and print vouchers from their website to present with your train ticket. Ha... more
Edutainment and Romance in London
Member Name: KaribouFluff
Advantages: Relaxing, Education and Entertainment (and you might get a little drunk...)
Disadvantages: You might get a little drunk?
My boyfriend and I visted Vinopolis for the 'Grapevine tour' the weekend before valentine's day, whilst away for a romantic weekend in London. The tour costs about £24 each, but a little tip... if you go to London on the train, you can use the 241 discount london tourism vouchers available in the 241 booklets kept in the train station entrances, or you can download and print vouchers from their website to present with your train ticket. Half price tour anybody!
When the tour starts you are given a ticket with perforrated vouchers for your 'how to taste wine' lesson (a glass to taste included) your 5 glasses of wine (choose from reds and whites from all over the world, a huge selection) and a voucher for your Bombay Saphire Cocktail in the cool Bombay Saphire lounge.
The staff are helpful and knowledgable, the setting is relaxing, quiet and calm and the wine delicious. We learnt a lot from the talks and the various videos and museum type displays thoughout the tour. It was quite romantic to sit and see, smell, sip, gulp and slurp wine together and try each other's choices. You are also given a wine tasing book with your ticket which gives a recap of what you learn on your tour so you can continue to taste wine properly, and it has a space to note down the wines you choose to taste.
The venue also has a restaurant and an area which serves tapas to accompany your wine (at an extra charge). The venue even does weddings if you're looking for a London venue that's a bit different!
Summary: Edutainment for adults, impress your friends with your wine knowledge
More reviews in the field of Other UK / Ireland topic
- The Closest I'll Get To a Lamborghini Aventador!
- A curry workshop that is nearly perfect!
- Palm trees and Hercules in Wales
- Wonderful Winter Break was a long time since Christmas
- Just for the laughs
- A fantastic family holiday!
- Site with lots going for it......
- Mullion Holiday Park - Cornwall.....BEAUTIFUL!
- Make A Splash!
- Can't even throw in a few toilet rolls!
- Weymouth Vintage Bus Running Day (Weymouth)
- Sky Trail Adventure
- Jack in the Box (Beverley)
- Sand Le Mere Holiday Village (Yorkshire)
- Hollowell Steam Rally (Northants)
- International Festival of the Sea (Portsmouth)
- Donaghadee Festival (Northern Ireland)