Newest Review: ... the lift). There is a bowling alley downstairs which is good if you want to bowl and then watch a film or vice versa. There is also a rang... more
Vue it here??
Vue Cinema Blackburn
Member Name: nodbod1
Vue Cinema Blackburn
Advantages: Latest films, functional cinema, easy to combine with food and bowling
Disadvantages: a bit impersonal (large cinema chain), overpriced food
Vue is the only cinema in Blackburn and it is located on a retail park near the train station close to the centre of town. It has 10 screens and these are located upstairs in the building (or up in the lift). There is a bowling alley downstairs which is good if you want to bowl and then watch a film or vice versa. There is also a range of restaurants on the adjoining retail park - Pizza hut and Frankie and Bennys for example.
It is a typical Vue cinema with plenty of expensive food - the usual popcorn, sweets and ice cream. I like the old fashioned cinemas but there's not many of them anymore. Vue cinemas are functional and have all the latest films.
I usually go on an orange Wednesday (where you get two for the price of one - you need to have an orange phone and to send a text requesting a code for this). The car park can get very busy on Wednesday evenings because of this and tickets for recently released films can run out.
All in all it's a convenient cinema with options to extend your entertainment with bowling, eating out or heading into the town centre afterwards.
Summary: does the job
More reviews in the field of Other UK / Ireland topic
- Love watching films ? Visit Cineworld
- Our Butlins break away!
- Quad biking for 2
- Victoria Square
- A Monumental Achievement
- Worst holiday experince, I shall not be returning - ever!
- A Camp-Site On The M6 Motorway?
- Long Beach Caravan and Camping Site. Lovely...
- Worst site I ever stayed on in Scotland
- Feels like a Center Parcs break, but only costs £4
- Park Barn (Holt, Norfolk)
- Fun City (England)
- Dacre Lakeside Park (Yorkshire)
- 5D World (London)
- Emirates Air Line Cable Car
- Jungletastic Soft Adventure Play (Nottingham)
- The Ceramic Experience (Dunfermline)
- Larkhill Tipis (Wales)
- Harbour Lights Picturehouse Cinema (Southampton)
- The Play Planet (Scotland)