* Prices may differ from that shown
One of the three ovens in my house (we like to eat a lot), this is a built in electric single oven which has an energy efficiency that is rated A. It's a small oven with the dimensions being: height around 60cm, width and depth roughly 55cm. It is similar to AEG's B57415 single oven. I have provided the good and bad points below according to what I think based on its performance.
- The oven heats up very quickly, so very little pre-heat up time is needed
- It has a telescopic shelf which pulls out like a drawer, making taking out heavy dishes (such as casseroles and roast dinners) very easy
- The control shows you the actual oven temperature digitally so you don't need to rely on merely turning the control knob; this is great as it really cooks your dishes well. I have personally found that roast chicken and cakes come out perfectly
- It has a bread proving option which is a god-send if you regularly make your own bread
- It has a bright light and very clear windows so you can seen your food progress, i.e, if your cakes have risen, if your roast has a golden top, if your delicious German pretzels are a deep brown...
- Small and compact
- Grill pan does not come with handle as standard, so you will need to purchase one. This makes grilling and toasting a little difficult
- Some may find this a little pricey
- I have seen that sometimes there is an uneven heat distribution - sometimes the cakes can be more cooked towards the fan.
i bought this oven on April 2006. Generally i am thankful. It has a lot of functionalities and one of them is the operation "Easy Clean". Simply pour into the oven water and little soap. Activate the operation and after twenty minutes, operation has been finished. You have only to sweep the oven with a dry towel. Now the oven is clean without you use chemicals that harm the environment and our health.
Another useful feature is the Telescopic FlexiRail (The Telescopic FlexRail system includes one pair of fully extendible telescopic rails which can be moved to a height thats right for whatever you happen to be cooking. You can put a wire shelf or roasting pan on these extendible rails, which means you can pull out the whole dish and then stir or baste without having to remove it from the shelf. It's safer and easier than having to remove food from the oven entirely. This is perfect for heavy roasts and casserole dishes). its usable capacity is 58 liter, Energy efficiency rating - A, Revolution Handle (As you open your oven door, the Revolution handle rotates towards you in a smooth, circular motion. Once the door's fully open, it stays fully visible at the top of the door. Revolution handles are safe and convenient, eliminating any awkward wrist movements) , Clear Text (It's an innovative way of selecting and controlling the various functions on your oven) You can find more information about its functionalities in http://www.neff.co.uk/B1644.html
Cooking with this oven:
I use to cook using Circotherm (hot air). It cooks quickly and without burning the food.
When i want to cook pies or pizzas , i use the "circotherm intensive" (combination of circotherm and botton heat) because i want the bottom of the pies and pizzas to be more crisped.
For the bread, oven has a special operation that changes between 180°C and the 220°C and thus bread is cooked from in to outside.
An other operation i often use, is Defrost. It turns on when you select the circotherm and lower the temperature.
When i have to cook small pieces of meat, i use the Grill (full or center surfuse, depends on the quantity) , for bigger pieces i use the "CircoRasting" (combination of grill and circotherm) in order to cook the meat in to outside.
I hope to help!!!