Newest Review: ... go, and the pain was unbelievable. I also looked like I had been in a fight. My Dad suggested I use Germolene, and it was the best thing I... more
Member Name: nimnim
Date: 20/01/13, updated on 10/07/13 (130 review reads)
Advantages: It helps
I have to admit that all of my family are fans of 'magic cream' we were introduced to it at a young age, and we are all loyal to the brand.
Germolene nowadays comes in a strong plasticy tube that is branded in cornflower blue and pink, which nicely matches the faintly pink hue of the cream itself. The product is sold as being antiseptic cream with local anaesthetic. I think this is why my mother called it magic all those years ago. The product comes in a cardboard box with a care leaflet - this should be read, to ensure that the product is suitable for use by individuals.
The product is suitable to use on all sorts of ailments, such as cuts grazes, scalds, and blisters. The area should be cleaned gently first (we're told to use warm water not soap for this)... And then this can be applied directly or, it can be popped on a plaster and then gently placed over the top of the ailment...
Personally I find the cream to be gentle, and it really does help to soothe all sorts of issues. I have two patches of badly scarred skin, and the other night when I had no cream I could apply except moisturiser which was scented I popped a bit of this on to try to stop the itchy feeling, and it really did help... It is really useful when you've been bitten to stop the whole itch scratch cycle, and it does seem to work wonders on small grazes taking a bit of the burn out of them.
I realise it's not actual magic cream, but all of the children in the family know it as such, and it really is a useful item to have in your first aid kit.
I paid £1.50 for a 55g tube, which will last for ages, but be careful not to touch the tube to anything that could contaminate it, as this will allow germs to breed in it, meaning it may introduce germs to new cuts and grazes...
Highly recommended, and I give it 5*'s.
Summary: It really is 'magic'
More reviews in the field of Pain Relief
- Take all my pain away!
- Adding aqua
- A temporary relief at a great price
- Cheap and Cheerful Pain Relief
- The headache tablet that's not just for headaches
- A cracking tablet from Boots the Chemist
- I don't want to rub it in...
- Not too bad but not worth the price
- Perfect for people who can't swallow tablets.
- Alka Seltzer XS
- AAA Sore Throat Spray
- Anadin Extra Soluble
- Icy Hot Extra Strength Medicated Patch Back & Large Areas 5 Patches
- Frankincense & Myrrh Fibromyalgia Rubbing Oil
- Icy Hot 2 Inch Medicated Roll 5cm Customised Pain Relief 1 Medium Size
- Head Calm
- Healthaid Emu Oil
- Icy Hot 3 Inch Medicated Roll 7.5cm Customised Pain Relief 1 Large Size
- Icy Hot Extra Strength Medicated Patch Arm, Neck & Leg & Small Areas 5 Patches