Product Type: Boots Pain Relief
Newest Review: ... use, precautions, dosage, ingredients and storage instructions. The use states "Boots Ibuprofen Caplets for relief of headaches, c... more
Give Pain The Boots
Boots Ibuprofen Caplets
Member Name: mrshez
Boots Ibuprofen Caplets
Advantages: Easy To Swallow, Fast And Effective
Disadvantages: None For Me
I personally have always been a paracetoml girl and while I realise that sounds slightly daft what I mean is that if I have ever needed a painkiller I have always used paractemol until I was suffering with a serve toothache and the emergency dentist suggested that I use ibuprofen.
The boots ibuprofen that I purchased comes in a sliver box with 16 caplets and they are 200mg.
The box claims that they "Are easy to swallow, relieves pain, inflammation and fever" and as I had an abscess under my tooth I needed them to be all that they claimed!
It also says that they can be used to treat rheumatic and muscular pain, migraine, period pain and dental pain.
Inside the pack are the two foil containers that contain the caplets and you just need to pop them out and they come out really easy, the caplets are really small and I suggest that you pop them out onto a table or bench as if they drop they are quite small and easy to overlook.
The caplets are white in colour and about half an inch long, they have a very smooth texture which really does make them easy to swallow.
I took two caplets and paced the floor waiting for them to work which took about 20 mins minutes before I started to notice that the edge had been taken off the pain and after another 10 minutes it really was a great deal easier to bear and I was finally able to relax a little bit.
I noticed that they did not seem to be any side effects from taking the caplets, I did not feel sick or queasy after talking them as I can do with certain tablets or medicine.
The effects of the ibuprofen lasted for about two hours and while they did not take the pain away completely they really did make it bearable and I would say that they took 90% the pain away for nearly two hours and after that they did start to wear off.
As the pain was rather bad with the abscess I have also tried this with period cramps and headaches and they worked for both of those really well and allowed me to carry on with everyday life with both my period aches and pains and headaches.
I now stick to this rather than paracetomol and because it's a small packet I can take them in my handbag so they are always there if I need them
The dosage for adults and children over 12 is one or two caplets every 4 hours if you need to, I do find that I need 2 to make a real difference.
I purchased these at boots the chemist although I ibuprofen can be purchased from other chemists and supermarkets.
Summary: A Great All Round Painkiller
More reviews in the field of Pain Relief
- The standard for a reason
- A damned good product for 28p
- Asda Ibuprofen caplets
- Better than the Deep Heat Rub.
- Say goodbye to aches and pains and hello to Radian B
- Voltarol Emulgel - doesn't take my back pain away but certainly eases it
- Calpol Childrens Painkiller
- Asda Paracetamol Caplets - Cheap and Cheerful But Still Effective
- Fantastic, life changing (?) cream!
- Say no to headaches!
- Salonpas Pain Relief Patch
- Traxam Pain Relief Gel
- Veganin Triple Action Tablets
- Frankincense & Myrrh Fibromyalgia Rubbing Oil
- BenGay Pain Relieving Cream Ultra Strength Twin Pack
- Christopher's Original FormulasPain Relief
- Icy Hot 2 Inch Medicated Roll 5cm Customised Pain Relief 1 Medium Size
- Transvasin Heat Rub Cream
- BenGay Pain Relieving Patch Ultra Strength Large Size 4 Count
- Ultramol Soluble Strong Pain Relief