Newest Review: ... legs drawing up, sucking without needing food, I agreed to try it. The Infacol is dispensed by a little dropper. It's easy to get i... more
Worth a try if you're looking for a cheap cure....
Member Name: nteer09
Disadvantages: Didn't work for us
Infacol was the first medicine we used with my daughter when she had colic. It came in a white and red bottle, which cost us £2.89 from Boots. It should be used within 28 days of being opened.
It is taken orally before a feed to help babies bring their wind up, and to help with any pain the colic and griping is giving them. You can give a baby as many dosages as required. Each bottle contains a dropper-you should give your child one dropper full. If you still don't see an improvement within a few days then you can then increase the dosage to two droppers. If this still doesn't work after a few days then the doctor/health visitor will probably prescribe something else. My health visitor told me that this normally works for mild colic, but that it doesn't work as fast as most of the other colic medicines.
Infacol has an orange smell and taste to it, so we had no trouble getting my daughter to take her dosage. It contains no alcohol, sugar or colourants.
This didn't work for my daughter, but my health visitor did say my daughter had an extreme case. This actually made my daughter sick. It is definitely worth giving it a try if your baby has colic, as it is very affordable-and I do know a lot of people who it has worked for. The bottle is meant to contain enough for a hundred doses, so a little goes a long way.
Summary: A little goes a long long way
More reviews in the field of Pain Relief
- Cheap pain relief...
- For the relief of teething
- Double the price but still cheap
- Asda Paracetamol - Bargain price - handy to keep in your handbag as well as firs ...
- Helpful with hangovers, does other stuff too!
- Max Remedies Paracetamol
- For a clearer head - take two of these
- Banish those headaches on the cheap!
- Beechams Decongestant Plus With Paracetamol
- Anadin Liquifast Effervescent Tablets
- Anadin Extra Caplets
- Disprol Infant Suspension
- Disprin 32's Tablets
- Disprin 16 's Tablets
- Calpol Sixplus Fastmelts Paracetamol 24
- Biofreeze Pain Relieving Spray
- Anadin Liquifast Double Strength Capsules
- Aspro Clear Maximum Strength Soluble Aspirin