Product Type: Batchelors Pasta / Noodles
Newest Review: ... but you can curry ranging in mild to spicy, BBQ, Chinese Chicken and Bacon. How to cook Easiest item to cook in the world, you simply op... more
Warm, filling and can be rather tasty
Batchelors Super Noodles
Member Name: OwlishArgento
Batchelors Super Noodles
Advantages: tasty, filling, comfort food
Disadvantages: can get repetitive
Like most people who review Batchelor's Super Noodles, I am of a very specific age and socio-economic group (i.e. poor student living away from home for the first time and faced with the very scary reality that there is no-one going to provide home cooked meals) and thus have ample experience in the preparation of this particular product.
The product comes in a variety of different flavours, but the best are the Beef and the Chicken. They are on offer in essentially every major supermarket or even corner shop, Iceland currently offer five packets for £1 giving you some sort of estimate as to how cheap and useful these noodles actually are to the student population. The packaging is iconic and instantly screams fast, cheap and tasty.
The noodles themselves are, on the whole, very edible. They have a strong flavour and excellent texture. There are very few more pleasant experiences than coming in after being caught out in the rain, sticking on the hob and seeing the hot noodle vapours rise from the bowl.
People who call them tastless, dull and unimaginative are probably suffering from a lack of imagination themselves. The combination of noodles and various other easy to source ingredients turns a tasty snack into a delicious meal. For example, the beef noodles go excellently with chopped microwaveable frankfurter sausages (the chili ones add extra spice), the chicken noodles are really nice if you add some sweet chili sauce to them, and, of course, if you fill a pitta pocket with noodles, tuna and mayonaise, you have a Batchelor's own recipe for delicious noodle experiences.
Summary: Student food at it's very best
More reviews in the field of Pasta / Noodles
- Great for a simple quick meal at work!
- Simple pasta amazing price
- Tastes more plastic than pasta.
- Cook up some lunch right now...
- Do The Pasta Twist
- no WONDER they're tryna give these away!
- Tilda does rice best!
- Vermicelli sounds so promising!
- A hot chilli kick and a tingle on the tongue!
- Super Super Supernoodles!
- Traidcraft Fairtrade White Basmati Rice
- White Pearl Broken Basmati Rice
- White Pearl Glutenous Rice
- Traidcraft Fairtrade Brown Basmati Rice
- Traidcraft Fairtrade Organic Penne Pasta
- Indomie Halal Chicken Curry Noodle
- Indomie Halal Vegetable Noodles
- Indomie Halal Shrimp Noodles
- Ronzoni Linguini
- Ronzoni Rigatoni