Product Type: De Cecco Pasta / Noodles
Newest Review: ... of parmesan. Dinner in 11 minutes tops, who needs a take-away. ( I know, I've watched Jamie too much!) De Cecco past are made in Italy an... more
Authentic Italian tasting pasta
De Cecco Linguine
Member Name: CarolineMB
De Cecco Linguine
Advantages: The taste is nicer than other pastas
Disadvantages: More expensive than other pastas
My friend once bought this pasta when I was in Tescos with her as she was making us tea that night. Her Italian friend had recommended it and said it was the closest thing to authentic pasta we have in the shops. I looked forward to tasting it!
The linguine comes in a blue and yellow plastic wrapper and it costs £1.56 from Tescos. You can also buy this pasta from other supermarkets like Morrisons and Asda. There are also other types of pasta as well such as Fusilli and Spagetti.
This type of linguine takes 11 minutes to cook and tastes best when salt has been added to the boiling water it is cooking in. It is best to time the 11 minutes from when the water is actually boiling. The individual pieces of linguine are hard to begin with as dried pasta is but soften up as soon as it goes into the water. The taste of this cooked pasta is lovely. It is far more filling than other linguine's I've tried from the supermarkets. It won't be hard enough to call it al dente after 11 minutes but it doesn't go soggy, it's just right.
What I have noticed with this linguine is that I need to use slightly more than I would of another type. With other dried pastas such as spaghetti or linguine they seem to expand a lot in the water but I find this pasta doesn't expand as much as others so I put a little bit more pasta in the pan to begin with to ensure I have enough.
It is more expensive than other brands of pasta but worth it if you're looking for a more filling and more authentic meal.
Summary: Great tasting pasta, authentic and filling
More reviews in the field of Pasta / Noodles
- Great for a simple quick meal at work!
- My first choice of pasta.
- Easy to cook, easy to eat!
- Great basic noodles.
- Easy, Quick Lunch Or Great Side Dish With Dinner
- I was impressed!
- A hot chilli kick and a tingle on the tongue!
- Super Super Supernoodles!
- Not getting MUGged off! Or SHOT down!
- Yummy, easy to make up pasta!
- Batchelors Super Noodles Bbq Beef
- Batchelors Super Noodles Chicken
- Batchelors Super Noodles Chinese Chow Mein
- Le Ruyet Likenn Nature And
- Le Ruyet Likenn Ceps Falvoured
- Le Ruyet Likenn 5 Colours
- Le Ruyet Fettuccine Flavoured
- La Collina Toscana Tricolour Spaghetti
- Amino Tomato Noodles
- Amino Pea Noodles