Product Type: Giovanni Rana Pasta / Noodles
Newest Review: ... i have tried quite a few brands of filled pasta and am always disappointed by the lack of flavour. I opted for the Prosciutto crudo a... more
I was impressed!
Giovanni Rana Pasta
Member Name: ebean
Giovanni Rana Pasta
Advantages: Speedy cooking, great taste!
As a single person i tend to buy food that i can cook quickly and easily as well as divide into portions. Pasta always comes into this category and filled pasta is even better. I came across Giovanni Rana Filled pasta in my local Spar and it caught my eye as it was two for £3 in the range. Always love a bargain! I have to say i was a little sceptical because i have tried quite a few brands of filled pasta and am always disappointed by the lack of flavour. I opted for the Prosciutto crudo and cheese capalletti as ham and cheese is always a winner with me, and also bought the spinach and ricotta because i am a lover of spinach also. It also hit my spot because it claims it cooks in a minute. Just one whole minute....
Prosciutto crudo and cheese capalletti....well i was astonished. I did believe in the one minute claims because fresh pasta is pretty fast cooking, but what really blew me away was the flavour. It actually looks in the packet jus a tiny little smidge of filling amoung a big pasta circle and it is...just a smidge in there. But it had so much flavour! I could taste the ham and the cheese separately. Slightly sweet, slightly salty, but really lovely. I told my friend about it at work the next day and she said she was the same...tried many and no flavour, but this one was lovely. Really yummy.
Spinach and ricotta - also nice, flavour a little like pesto, more filling less pasta. Didn't blow me away like the other but still a nice taste and would need something more in the sauce or accompaniment, but still a good pasta, nice taste and cooked lovely, in just a minute. I would recommend this to anyone and have done so.
Next time i shop, going to hit the sauces.... yummy!
Summary: Speedy cooking, great taste!
More reviews in the field of Pasta / Noodles
- Stir Fry Cooked in Less Time Than it Takes To Find The Chinese Menu
- Eat Water, eat Italian!
- Everyday pasta.
- A Quick Meal For Two.
- My first choice of pasta.
- Easy to cook, easy to eat!
- Great basic noodles.
- Easy, Quick Lunch Or Great Side Dish With Dinner
- My pot of spice.
- not as nice as they used to be
- Recheis Conscious And Tasty Wholemeal Hörnchen
- Marks & Spencer Pasta Salad with Spinach & Pine Nuts
- Golden Wonder Sweet And Sour Noodle Pot
- Marshalls Cheesey Macaroni
- Recheis Spätzle
- Amino Instant Noodles Cheese Sauce
- Amino Instant Noodles Bologne Sauce
- Amino Instant Mushroom Soup Noodles
- Amino Instant Goulash Soup Noodles
- Amino Instant Golden Chicken-Beef Broth Noodles