Product Type: Schwartz Pasta / Noodles
Newest Review: ... are hooked on the sad mundanity of my life, but I am only going to reveal one more...Wednesday night is pasta night! It maybe spag bol, t... more
Homemade with just a little help!
Schwartz Lasagne Mix
Member Name: Joodlebug
Schwartz Lasagne Mix
Advantages: Tasty addition to homemade lasagne.
Disadvantages: Quite pungent, could be too strong for some.
I am generally a creature of habit, but I also like to experiment with my habits! For example, Monday night is pizza night, but some days its a pepperoni, other days its a ham and pineapple. Friday night is wine night but it could be red, white, rose or sparkling or even a glass of each.!I guess you get the idea. Now I know you are hooked on the sad mundanity of my life, but I am only going to reveal one more...Wednesday night is pasta night! It maybe spag bol, tagliatelle or lasagne and one particular lasagne night is how I came by this little packet of magic.
The instructions on the packet recommend adding the mix to mince, with water and tomato puree. I followed the instructions but to be honest I was a bit disappointed with the colour of the sauce, it was a bit on the brown side, so I also added a tin of tomatoes along with some mushrooms and onions. This obviously increased the volume of the sauce and I found that I had enough to make 2 lasagne's and each one easily fed 4 of us with some to spare.
The packet cost 74p and contains 106 cals. The ingredients on the packet include salt, garlic, black pepper,bay leaves, marjoram, oregano and basil. It smells really pungent when you first open the packet. In fact I think when I use this again I think I will only use half of the packet. I know that italian aficionado's (not sure I spelled that correctly) will poo-poo the idea of adding a sauce mix to lasagne, but I am not promoting authentic italian cuisine here. If you want a tasty lasagne with a bit of a kick this can only enhance your dish and make it into something a little bit different!
Summary: Adds a little extra to an italian favourite!
More reviews in the field of Pasta / Noodles
- Quick noodles
- Spaghetti seems to be getting thinner
- Cheesy cheesy cheesy
- Recreate that oriental dish at home in a flash!
- Easy and convenient
- Sloppy spaghetti!
- Batchelors cheese, leek & ham pasta - A family favourite!
- Kraft cheesy pasta - easy to make - but not value for money. brought once - not ...
- Sainsbury's Basics Instant Noodles - The student life!
- Scrumptious Mac and Cheese from Marshals
- De Cecco Linguine
- De Cecco Fusilli
- Golden Wonder Chicken and Mushroom Noodle Pot
- Weight Watchers Italian Spinach & Ricotta Tortelloni
- Tilda Long Grain Rice
- Miracle Noodle Shirataki Angel Hair Pasta
- Batchelors Super Noodles Bacon
- Batchelors Super Noodles Barbecue Beef
- Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
- Asda Good For You Pasta N Sauce Carbonara