Product Type: Tiger Tiger Pasta / Noodles
Newest Review: ... either in those super noodle packs or pot noodle tubs. These came in a box shaped like those Chinese takeout boxes you see on those Amer... more
FIlls up my tummy on a cold winter day
Tiger Tiger Cup Noodles
Member Name: evetortoise
Tiger Tiger Cup Noodles
Advantages: tasty, springy noodles
This is one of my favourite brands in London. I come from Asia and cup noodles are a plenty there. Nissin ranks first on my list (available in UK Asian supermarkets), followed by Myojo (not available in UK) and Nong Shin (available in Asian Supermarkets)
Generally cup noodles are very easy to carry around and eat where there is hot water available. In Asia, where it is common to have hot meals for lunch, cup noodles are a cheap and fast way of eating. Just fill the cup up with boiling water, leave it to stand for 3 minutes and voila, noodles ready for eating. They come with a small packet of ingredients (dried vegetables usually), and a small sachet of flavouring.
Tiger Tiger does get the flavours right. There is tom yum, hot and spice chinese style, thai satay and thai curry. I have tried the tom yum so far and they taste pretty much like the tom yum flavour instant noodles that I get in Asia. The noodles are springy, the tom yum stock tastes the way it should in the usual tom yum cup noodles and best of all, the volume is just nice to fill me up. They do usually go for 99 p but it is cheaper in larger Sainsbury at 89 p.
I love eating this cup noodles on a cold winter day! Fills up my tummy very nicely. I won't recommend eating this too frequently though. The small sachet of flavouring does contain quite a bit of MSG. There is also too little vegetables inside to be healthy.
Summary: This is one of my favourite brands in London. I come from Asia and cup noodles are a plenty there. N
More reviews in the field of Pasta / Noodles
- Great for a simple quick meal at work!
- delicious pasta with minimal effort
- There's nothing super about these noodles.
- Spaghetti, Betty?
- Spaghetti Bolognaise, but not as you know it
- With Some Creative Adjustments - Great Fast Food
- Yummy, easy to make up pasta!
- Vermicelli sounds so promising!
- A hot chilli kick and a tingle on the tongue!
- Super Super Supernoodles!
- Ko-Lee Instant Noodles Bombay Masala
- Ko-Lee Instant Noodles Low Fat Curry
- Ko-Lee Ready To Stir Fry Wok Noodles Thick/Udon
- Ko-Lee Instant Noodles Low Fat Chicken
- Ko-Lee Instant Noodles Chili And Lemon
- Napolina Short Spaghetti Pasta
- Napolina Wholewheat Fusilli Pasta
- Napolina Whole Wheat Spaghetti Pasta
- Napolina Tagliatelle Pasta
- Napolina Spaghetti Pasta