Product Type: Logitech PC accessories
Newest Review: ... of time playing games or watching videos, or running multiple applications, it might be worth getting the 'Logitech N100 Laptop/ Notebook... more
Member Name: cosmeticslover
Logitech Comfort Lapdesk For Notebooks
Advantages: Comfort and cooling
Disadvantages: Not enough cooling for some?
*I use this lapdesk for my Dell Inspiron laptop, not a notebook. Purchased for around £16, from Amazon.
Since owning my laptop, I have always experienced over-heating when using it on my lap - as I'm sure many others have. It's not just that my laptop becomes noisy and slow, but the laptop gets to a temperature where it's uncomfortable to have it on my lap. And as I'm not one for sitting at my desk to use the internet, or write, or do whatever it is I need my laptop for, this isn't ideal!
My friend actually introduced me to this lapdesk, and after using hers I just had to get one myself. And I don't regret buying it at all!
Whether I'm sitting on the sofa, or sitting up late in bed, whether using my laptop to write coursework or to watch a film, I ALWAYS have my lapdesk. Why? Because:
1) I don't get a hot lap! Which, let's face it, is just annoying. One of the features advertised is the 'Heat-shielding design' that 'helps protect your body from notebook computer heat'. It does just that.
2) I suffer from bad circulation in my legs, and have quite a large varicose vein on the back of one of them, (would you believe I'm only early 20s!) so having anything remotely heavy on my lap causes quite a lot of discomfort. Since using the lapdesk, I've noticed that I don't get any discomfort in my legs - at least most of the time - when sitting with my laptop. I don't know whether it's the padding on the bottom of the lapdesk, or the way the weight is spread out, but something's happening there!
3) My laptop doesn't overheat - hurray! I'm sure most laptop uses will experience overheating when using there laptops either directly on their laps, or when placing them on a soft surface (such as carpet, sofa, bed etc). What the picture above doesn't show is that, included with the lapdesk are 4 rubber pads (about 5 mm thick) which you can stick on to the surface of the desk, and which allow air to circulate underneath your laptop or notebook. It has to be said that this is not as effective as one of the cooler fans you can buy, but for me it does the job. If you spend a lot of time playing games or watching videos, or running multiple applications, it might be worth getting the 'Logitech N100 Laptop/ Notebook Cooling Pad', which you can find on Amazon for about £30.
I honestly can't use my laptop now without the lapdesk! I've recommended it to friends and family (my grandma, in particular, is a big fan - she's recently had a hip replacement, and so finds it uncomfortable to sit at a desk or table when using her laptop. Using the lapdesk is much more practical for her, and makes computer use much less of a chore!)
The only downside I can see is that it may not offer good enough cooling for some people. But as I said, for me it makes a big difference (heat-wise) from just having my laptop on my lap.
Would definitely recommend.
Summary: So glad I bought it.
More reviews in the field of PC Accessory
- Toshiba Dynadock W20 Wireless USB Port Replicator (DVI) USB dongle
- Lenovo Thinkcentre Extend Arm
- Motorola Lanyard
- CaseGuru Kobo Mini eReader Case
- Signalex Retractable USB Cable
- Cables to Go Computer Repair Tool Kit
- Belkin Grip Kindle Sleeve
- Sagree Leather Case For 7Inch Touchpad
- Tuff Luv Kobo Mini Case
- Belkin Cooling Lounge