Product Type: Noctua PC Cooling / Fan
Newest Review: ... it turned out, the CPU ran about 5'c cooler whilst overclocked with the Noctua cooler than it did running not-overclocked on the ... more
A cooling monster
Member Name: mattr
Advantages: Good cooling, very quiet
Disadvantages: Fitting can be a bit tricky
I purchased this heatsink and fan combination package a few years ago to cool my quad-core Intel processor.
Though the design is now a lot more common, at the time the heatsink was one of the few very-large ones of its type. I chose it because I had planned to overclock the computer as soon as I built it, so I needed something to keep the CPU temperatures sensible.
As it turned out, the CPU ran about 5'c cooler whilst overclocked with the Noctua cooler than it did running not-overclocked on the stock cooler! That is an impressive difference.
The quality of the cooler is very good. The fixing mount holds it very firmly and steadily, with no worries of the heavy heatsink pulling on or damaging your motherboard. The wire clip to hold the fan[s] (you can fit a second fan if you want) on is a bit tricky to fit around the bottom if you're working in a tight case, but it does the job.
The Noctua fans are exceedingly quiet and even after a few years of heavy use it still remains quiet and no sign of wear.
Summary: When I build my next PC, I plan to stick with all Noctua coolers and fans!
More reviews in the field of PC Cooling / Fan
- Startech Lightweight Laptop Cooler with 2 Fans
- Startech External Notebook CPU Cooling Fan
- Startech Ever Lubricate Bearing PC Case Fan
- CDL Micro Laptop/Notebook Gel Cooling Pad
- Arctic Cooling Breeze Mobile USB Fan
- Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
- Fractal Design Silent Series 60mm
- Sweex Notebook Cooling Stand Aluminium
- Startech 1U Intel Socket 775 CPU Heatsink with Fan
- Startech Universal AMD 64-bit CPU Heatsink with fan