* Prices may differ from that shown
Ten years on from the classic Worms Armageddon, team 17 released Worms Reloaded which revisits the turn-based, ultimate mayhem we all love. This version of worms sees a new, modern and refreshed layout and gameplay.
Like Armageddon and World Party, Worms reloaded has the 2D layout which personally I prefer to the 3D layouts seen in other versions of the game. The game has some old classic maps such as the Team 17 logo and Farmyard as well as loads of new themes. With this version you can customise the map in terms of theme, layout, whether the map is open or enclosed with a roof, how many items you have one the map and even how many mines there are.
There are all the classic weapons such as sheep, grenades, airstrike and holy hand grenade as well as some new ones such as meerkats and poison strike. The game play works in the same way as previous versions with turn-based play within a certain time limit. The graphics are still cartoony in keeping with the Worms's comical personality but have had a refresh and are a lot sharper than in previous versions of the game. One nice touch with this game is that when you damage another worm you can see the damage flying off the in numbers. The controls are smooth and free of lag and delay; the controls are also very basic so you remember what each key does.
There are several options of gameplay available:
* Career Mode: Takes you through various scenarios including defeating teams and completing puzzles using different weapons,
* Single player quick mode: Where you can play a quick game against the computer,
* Survival mode: You defeat worms who start off with a small amount of health and more and more keep coming with more and more health, basically you keep going till you die
* Multiplayer: Either against a friend/s right next to you or online
The complaints I have with this game is that you can only have 4 worms per team, whereas on previous versions you could have a lot more but this doesn't create too much of a problem and is still as fun. Also you need an internet connection to be able to install and play the game, apparently you can turn this off but I haven't found out how yet, this could cause problamatic if you want to take a laptop with the game on holiday for children to play or if you don't want your kids to have access to the internet.
Overall this is a really fun and manic game best played with friends.
* Windows Xp, Vista, 7
* 2063MB of space
* 128MB Video Card
* Internet connection required