Product Type: Drinky small pet accessories
Newest Review: ... one bottle really stood out compared to any others in the shop so on account of the amusing name, I went for this one. I paid around £5 for... more
You can take a hamster to water but you cant make it drink.
Drinky Drinking Bottle
Member Name: purplekimmy
Drinky Drinking Bottle
Advantages: Nice design
Disadvantages: Doesnt stand up to being chewed
A water bottle clearly a necessity when buying a small animal or rodent, so when I was buying the necessary items for the hamster I bought my daughter this was on the top of our list. I was amused by the name of Drinky Drinking bottle but no one bottle really stood out compared to any others in the shop so on account of the amusing name, I went for this one. I paid around £5 for it from Pets at Home, slightly expensive maybe but how much of a beating do water bottles take?
The bottle itself attaches easily to the side of the cage (as long as you have a wire cage), you poke the straw through the bars and slide the plastic catch across the inside bars. When it comes to re-filling, you slide the catch straight and remove. The design is nice, it has markings down the side to let you know how much water is in the bottle, I don't know if there is a reason for measuring their water but I never needed to use them. I have found that our hamster tends to chew the plastic catch, so sometimes the bottle will now slip sideways and leak water on the bottom of its cage. I have bought lots of toys for it to chew but for some reason it likes to chew its water bottle catch. I may buy a glass one with a metal wire to hold it on, at least she wont be able to chew that one.
Summary: Overall good, if your small animal doesnt chew everything in sight
More reviews in the field of Small Pet Accessory
- Super Pod
- Ovo no you don't!
- Trevs fancy new dish!
- What a load of balls :)
- ~Hamster Balls!~
- Wilko Wood Shavings
- Lavender scented wood shavings.
- Percy's Posh Woodland Retreat (sans hot-tub)
- Not 100% silent but better than your average hamster wheel
- If you're fed up of your rabbit digging your leg, get some sticks!
- Scratch and Newton Bottle Snug
- Trixie Ceramic Dog Bowl
- Double Decker Rabbit / Guinea Hutch BB-48-DDU-11
- Wilkinsons Hamster Adventure Tunnel
- Barlean's Flax Oil For Animals
- 21st Century Flexible Bandage Self-Adhering
- 21st Century Joint Health Plus 100 Chewable Tablets
- 21st Century Styptic Powder
- Edible Tiki Hut Pet Treat
- Pets At Home Plastic Feeding Fork