Product Type: Habitrail small pet accessories
Newest Review: ... you can attach loads of tubes and the cage can also be connected to another Habitrail cage with the tubes to make your pets home even bi... more
Hamster can break its leg in Habitrail hamster-wheel!
Author Name: Marianne
Disadvantages: Hazardous gaps in hamster-wheel,also transparent on one side.
Sadly my hamster Nobbie broke his leg in the Habitrail hamster-weel that comes with the Habitrail Playground, and had to be put to sleep!
The accident happened when he got his tiny foot stuck in one of the several gaps between the two plastic sides that comes together to make out the wheel.
Prior to the accident I also observed how he found it a bit scary to use the wheel, as his poor hamster eyesight prevented him from always seeing where to step, as one side of the Habitrail-wheel is transparent .(All hamsters have poor eyesight.)
But it never occured to me that he could get his foot caught and breake his leg!
Other hamster-owners should be aware. Take the prowided Habitrail-wheel out,and give the hamster a different hamster-wheel!
Summary: Reccomend buying better hamster-wheel than the provided.
More reviews in the field of Small Pet Accessory
- Scratch and Newton Bottle Snug
- Thickets House Chinchilla and Degu Cage
- Sharples N Grant Summer Lodge Double Hutch
- Pets at Home Lavender Woodshavings
- Pets at Home Poppy Den Hutch
- Rotastak Dreamland Hamster Cage
- Ferplast Paula Hamster Cage
- Edible Tiki Hut Pet Treat
- Melton Pets Hammy 930 Hamster Cage
- Bissell Cat Stain and Odour Remover