Newest Review: ... do it a few times and before you know it the dog is spending more and more time looking for lightbeams. Anything that reflects will catc... more
Member Name: sam_1
Advantages: very intelligent
Disadvantages: require a lot of exercise
Not all collie dogs are the same, their personality and temperament can differ depending on the way they are handled / reared.
We got our Boarder collie from a local farm, as a pup about 3 years ago. Boarder Collies are a very intelligent dog. We found them to have a very high toy drive which has made training of him very easy. I would even go so far as to say he almost trained himself. These dogs are full of energy and require a lot of exercise. I would not recommend these dogs if you do not have the time or willingness to dedicate to them.
They do make an excellent companion and become a valued member of the family. I have had several dogs during my upbringing including springer spaniels and other cross breeds, but non them are as obedient or loyal as the boarder collie. I would definitely recommend these dogs if you have the time and I would certainly have another one.
Summary: excellent all round dog
More reviews in the field of Pet / Animal
- BE PREPARED FOR A RUN FOR YOUR MONEY WITH THE BORDER COLLIE
- A Lot More Work Than You'd Expect!
- Great cats to have ,great for people with children
- Puurrrrrrr-fect pets
- an unfair press on an amazing companion
- Chick-chick-chick-chick - Chicken!!
- Lizaarrdd... Lizaarrdd... Lizarrdd... Is there a gecko in here?
- Be more dog with a Maine Coon
- Royal Pythons - Amazing Animals, Every Household Should Have One ;¬)
- I love my cocker spaniel!