Newest Review: ... they interact with you more. My little brothers are two baby map turtles, sized around the same size as a 50p piece and cost £20 each from... more
Leave the Turtles alone!
Member Name: Autumn Swallow
Date: 09/07/00, updated on 09/07/00 (127 review reads)
Advantages: no advantage of keeping a turtle
Disadvantages: you will make the turtle extinct faster
I am very surprised that I found 'Turtle' under the pets catagory. Turtle is one of the many endangered species and is being protected by the Malaysian government. Their feshly laid eggs are immediately gathered by poachers and are sold at only about 10 to 20 pence in the East coast of West Malaysia for human consumption. This will significantly reduce the number of turtle in the wild. They only lay eggs once a year. If you, or anyone of you are trying to import a turtle to be kept as a pet, you will indirectly become a poacher who will add to the global statistics. If you love pets, please keep domestic pets and leave the wild life alone!
Thanking you for your co-operation in advance.
More reviews in the field of Pet / Animal
- A good Pointer to an excellent pet
- Chicken house, bare garden
- Loyal, beautiful and daft
- A wonderful pet
- Interesting pets for grown-ups
- Chick-chick-chick-chick - Chicken!!
- Man's (or woman's) best friend.
- Ants... I love to watch them, but not in my kitchen.
- Ants in general, ants as pets and ants as pests
- I love my cocker spaniel!