Newest Review: ... top to about a mere half inch. The shape is a crescent like moon shape and you can see veins up and down the sticks. I usually get around ... more
Burn more calories than you're eating!
Member Name: faders321
Date: 11/07/08, updated on 11/07/08 (385 review reads)
Advantages: Everything, very watery
Celery is a fantastic vegetable that's great in snacks and has been eaten for years by people trying to lose weight and those who just like to eat it for it's taste. It's great as a snack and not at all bad for you. Here's some fun facts.
* Celery is part of the same family as carrots, parsley, dill and hemlock which is a deadly poison
~ It contains a pheromone which is also in men's sweat glands and attracts women
* The first record of it was in 1623 in France
~ It only takes an ounce of celery seeds to make an acre of celery
* There is a town in Ohio called Celeryville
~ One stalk of celery only contains 10 calories
* It is thought that you burn more calories eating a stick of celery than it contains
~ Those who are allergic to celery are normally also allergic to mugwort pollen
Enjoy and keep burning those calories by eating it!
Summary: Very nice
More reviews in the field of Plant
- Bucket/Pot grown Potatoes
- Curried Spinach - African Style!
- Who Sings Now?: A poetic discussion of a Nature Teacher
- Yummy While it Lasts
- I bet you didn't know
- Cineraria: an unusual silver-leaved addition to a garden
- Sweet, Sweet, Sweetcorn
- Know your onions
- My garden can't give up smoking
- A is for Algarve and Apricot