Newest Review: ... Sounds simple? It is! But I have used these before and wouldn't recommend them purely because the potatoes that grew from the seed wer... more
Member Name: lorrainek858
Date: 09/04/09, updated on 09/04/09 (61 review reads)
Potatoes are a great plant that we sometimes take for granted, just think of how many treats and great foods are made from potatoes. There is such a wide range of different ways to cook and prepare potatoes that make them come in all different shapes and sizes.
Potatoes are grown by plantation in the ground and they are then harvested and either kept by the potatoe farmer or sold on for a profit to different food preparation companys.
Potatoes are a starch based vegetables and are not high in fat, though once you start to prepare them in different ways, e.g. deep fat frying them to make crisps, the fat content obviously becomes higher and they become a more unhealthy snack.
Here are some ways that potatoes are cooked to make a range of different foods and snacks:
Potato Chips/ Crisps
Potato Chips/ Crisps are made from potatoes, they are deep fried or baked until crispy and then flavoured with different flavourings like salt and vinegar, prawn cocktail or bbq flavour, or many more.
Chips/ Fries are one of the most ate foods at dinner time and are made from larger chunks of potatoes that have been baked or deep fried and prepared, chips are normally ate with a topping for example cheese or curry, or with another food for example sausages or fish.
Baked Potatoe/ Jacket Potatoe
This is a really easy way to eat a potatoe, just prick it with afew holes and then put it in the oven or in the microwave, it is an easy quick meal to eat and is normally served with butter, cheese or many other toppings.
I love mashed potatoes, they are made by boiling potatoes and then draining the water from the pot and mashing them with milk and butter, this is another great way to prepare potatoes to make them part of a main meal.
There are many more ways to prepare potatoes and make them a great tastey snack or part of a meal, they really are a very versitile food that can be healthy depending on their preparation.
More reviews in the field of Plant
- Love Sunbaked Earth and Summer Days.
- Versatile Potatoes..
- Real Lavender - the smell of summer evenings!!
- Mint, new pots and lamb, - spring must be in the air
- An under rated vegetable
- The plant that just keeps on giving
- A Harmonious Herb
- Rad...ish - Slightly Radical
- I grew my own, who'd have thought it?
- Easy to grow and good for you
- Suttons James Wong's Homegrown Revolution Wild White Strawberry
- Suttons Leaf Salad Spicy Orie Seeds
- Suttons Marmande Tomato Seeds
- Suttons Nasturtium Princess of India Seeds
- Suttons Night Scented Stock Evening Fragrance
- Miracle-Gro Gro-Your-Own Fruit and Veg Plant Food
- Miracle-Gro Lawn Food
- Miracle-Gro Organic Choice All Purpose Compost
- Miracle-Gro Potting Compost
- Miracle-Gro Pour & Feed