Newest Review: ... and in about two months they should have their own root system and can be replanted. USING ROSEMARY Rosemary dries out very easily ... more
The Queen of Herbs
Member Name: Mask_and_Mirror
Advantages: Beautiful flavour, easy to grow
Disadvantages: Can take over the garden!
Among the herbs, I don't think rosemary can be overestimated. It is one of my favourite flavours and goes beautifully with so many things; it is essential with roast lamb, roasted vegetables and poultry, and is excellent in sauces, with other meats, in pasta dishes and even in some lemon desserts. Rosemary bread is also very delicious!
It is also *very* easy to grow- perhaps too easy! I have a plant in my garden and it has taken over rather a lot of the herb area. Unlike most of the others it survives well all year round. Fortunately, I also use it more than any other herb, I am always popping outside for a handful!
The flavour of fresh rosemary is far superior to dried, and I would definitely reccomend investing in your own plant, as they are very easy to keep and fresh herbs can be very expensive to buy.
Summary: If I could only ever use one herb, it'd be rosemary!
- Suttons Leaf Salad Spicy Orie Seeds
- Suttons Marmande Tomato Seeds
- Suttons Nasturtium Princess of India Seeds
- Suttons Night Scented Stock Evening Fragrance
- Suttons Squash F1 Butterbush
- Evergreen Grass Seed Multi-Purpose
- Miracle-Gro All Purpose Soluble Plant Food
- Miracle Gro Slow Release
- Evergreen Complete Soluble Lawn Food
- Evergreen Lawn Repair Kit