Newest Review: ... (eight strawberries equivalent to an orange), as well as folate and potassium. Strawberries are also high in fibre and manganese. Also in t... more
The Best Strawberries
Member Name: sydent
Advantages: Saves money and enviroment
Disadvantages: Have to work to earn
Strawberries are so expensive to buy from the supermarkets. Its very satistisfying nuturing your own crop year after year. They spread easily when you see a shoot coming of the plant pop it under the ground and another will grow.
I was given my strawberry plant so have not tried to grow from seed. I have a large area full of strawberries after been given one plant two years ago. You can buy plants from most garden centres for about a pound which is very well spent as the amount you get off your plants are many.
They get white flowers that die off then the little green buds will soon develop into big red strawberries. They need plenty of water to give you juicy ones. If i have too many strawberries i make up my own jam and store. I give extra to my neighbours and friends. So if you was to buy one plant it would pay you more than back for years and years.
Summary: Grown your own
More reviews in the field of Plant
- yummy and easy to grow, much better then spending loads at the supermarket
- You big Chili Billy!
- Even my hopeless gardening skills couldn't stop this plant producing!
- Cineraria: an unusual silver-leaved addition to a garden
- Versatile aromatic herb for culinary use
- Fragrant and nutritious
- Sweet, Sweet, Sweetcorn
- Another one for our little shop of horrors.
- Time, Space & Patience required!
- A is for Algarve and Apricot