* Prices may differ from that shown
Playmobil Patio Set
Our little one has got to the age now where she wants everything which costs a lot! One particular set of toys she really loves at the moment is Playmobil which comes in all sizes and shapes (and prices!). One thing I like about Playmobil is that the toys are well made and will last for years as a child grows up.
Recently, we have started purchasing Playmobil items to go alongside the mansion house which we will be buying her for Christmas. One of the latest buys is this patio set. Although we do not have the mansion as of yet, these sets can be used separately, or as my little one does, puts them in another dolls house she has from Fisher Price.
We managed to get this patio set from Ebay for just under £9.00 overall. I am unsure if it is the complete set, though do know that it is the proper patio set (model 5326).
With this set you get the following;
* Plastic white table with two chairs and a bench seat. These all come in parts to assemble though literally take seconds to put together and are very sturdy once assembled.
* Umbrella/parasol with stand. This is also made well, though the stand is rather thin and could easily break if trod on.
* Two Playmobil people (adult and child). These people are well made as usual and can interact with many items in this set and outside it.
* BBQ. I have seen a more modern looking BBQ set with a dad figure though it does not have the rest of the patio set which is one reason we got this one over the other. The BBQ is a simple brown one with a rod which sits on it and turns.
* Accessories: Basket, fish, two birds, cat, cutlery and tableware. These are also all well made though some items are very small and easily lost so not recommended for the very young.
My little one absolutely loves this set, as do I. We have lost a few of the smaller items unfortunately, though this is the risk you take with some Playmobil items. Luckily in the main, the items are large enough to not go missing and all are well made.
Add either to your mansion/house set or a stand alone set - I fully recommend this set. Prices seem to vary from £8 to £15.
This Playmobil barbecue set comes with a table & chairs, a parasol, the little barbecue itself, complete with little grid & barbecue tools. There are also little bottles, wine glasses, cutlery, comprising little knives & forks, a basket and some fish for you to 'cook' on the barbie.
This little set is especially worth having if you have the Playmobil Victorian house with the little patio at the back but could still be played with separately if you don't have the house.
The chairs all have little blue 'cushions' of felt on them and the cooking utensils are also very authentic with proper little tongs. The fish are a little large so you can only fit a couple on the barbecue at once. The only other drawback I have found with this is that the cutlery is very small, as are the little wine glasses so this set would probably be better for slightly older children rather than toddlers.
All in all though a very nice little set. Recommended age range would probably be from about 5 upwards because of the fiddly little pieces.
Model: Patio Set