Playmobil Rabbit pen is a small set from the range of Playmobil and can be used in conjunction with other Playmobil sets or alone. This set wasn't particularly bought to be played with other sets in mind it was bought to play alone knowing my son loves rabbits and guinea pigs. My eldest son has just turned five and he loves Playmobil he is gradually building up his collection. This particular set was the latest addition to his collection. Small as it is, there is still plenty in this set to get your child's imagination going.
This little set comes in a thin cardboard box decorated in pictures of the contents. The front has a lovely picture of the set all put together and the back has the contents all separate telling you have many of each you get with this set. Along with the contents there is a small assembly leaflet to help you along the way although I must say with this set there is little to do compared to some of the big sets. Assembly takes a matter of a few minutes and personally if bought as a gift can be done on the day of opening.
All the pieces are made from good quality plastic and the detail on all the pieces is fantastic. The Playmobil sets always amaze me how much detail they actually hold for such small items. Even though the pieces are very small they are still quite strong but I would go along with the recommended age range for these products as a lot of pressure on them would break them and they are made up of very small pieces which could be easily swallowed and easily lost. An incomplete set doesn't mean you child can't play with it but to get maximum fun out of it, it does help if the pieces are all there. This Playmobil set is made up of bright colourful items perfect for getting the imaginations going.
The contents of this set are as follows:
* The rabbit hutch - is the largest item in the set measuring roughly 9cms by 6cms and 7cms in height. The hutch is made up of two parts which can be separated to make to smaller hutches or can be put one on top of the other to make a thinner higher hutch. My son always has them side by side because that is what his auntie's hutch is like for her guinea pigs!
* Rabbit pen - this is made up of four green fencing strips that clip together with ease to make the pen.
* A small boy - with a removable cap for his head. Like all Playmobil people he bends at the waist so he can sit down, his arms move up and down, his hands can be twisted round to hold onto things and their heads can swivel so they are quite flexible.
* Rabbits - and plenty six in total.
* A guinea pig
* Red bucket- very small with a little handle
* A brown large basket with a straw piece to go on top so your guinea pig can sit on it.
* A small blue feeding bowl
* Green leaf like flooring to put in the hutch
* A sunflower on a fence piece on some grass - this I feel has no purpose but is there for the set to look good and come together as a set.
All of the contents make up a sizable set for the price you pay. My son was very happy with this set from the moment we bought it. He has named all the six rabbits and the guinea pig too. He often has this set out alone and tends to his animals. He does from time to time have it out with his campervan and pretends the family have pets which they have to tend to. His imagination with any of his Playmobil sets is endless I love to sit and listen to him whilst he plays. My youngest son who is three and a half sometimes gets a chance to play with it when my eldest is at school but I find he gets bored of it quite quickly. His creative skills are somewhat lacking and he tends to put the rabbits in and out of the hutches.
I can see any child loving this little set and if you're thinking of introducing your child to Playmobil why not try with a small set like this one. It is well made and provides plenty of fun. We bought this from a toy store in town for £9 and it is certainly nine pound well spent.
Model: Rabbit Pen / Includes: 6 x rabbits 1 x guinea pig Hutch and enclosure Fencing and sunflower Playmobil farmer figure Feeding accessories / Take care of the bunny family with the Playmobil Rabbit Pen 5123 / When they're not taking a nap in their hutch, these bunnies love a good hop around their enclosure / The set comes with a towering sunflower and a Playmobil farmer figure , plus feeding accessories /