* Prices may differ from that shown
Final fantasy X-2 is the sequel to the much beloved Final Fantasy X (which I believe you should play in order to understand this game and experience it at its best). Might I add this was the first Final Fantasy sequel due to its popularity of Final Fantasy X which in its own right should tell you something.
We start off with Yuna (summoner from the previous game ) along with Rikku (one of her guardians) and Paine ( a completely new character) on their search to find Yuna's lost love Tidus (Love interest, main character and guardian from the last game). These 3 girls are now sphere hunters which contributes to the gameplay of the game as you will be completing missions in order to get more spheres in hopes of getting closer to find Tidus.
With its in-battle dress spheres (Different types of jobs e.x mage, thief and warrior) you are promised to have an enjoyable time. You will experience a game like no other with an amazing heartfelt story along with a few humorous bits and if you have previously played Final Fantasy X you will get to see some of your favourite characters. Although this game may be almost 10 years old it does not fail to get you entwined into playing and may possible become addicted if your like me.
With so much to do within it such as dungeons and various side quests I don't think you will finish it any time soon but isn't that a good thing? Do not buy the HD remaster you are wasting money!!!!! You can easily buy this game for a 1/6 of the price and still have all the great aspects of the HD remaster. Also in my opinion the HD remaster no longer makes the characters varied they all look like dolls whereas the original added that little special touch to them.
So go and buy it!!!! You wont regret it trust me.
Final fantasy X-2 is the Charlies Angels' of the Final Fantasy series. It's musical (brimming with catchy Japanese pop songs!), colourful, bright, and full of fun. The main storyline focuses around Yuna, the heroine from Final fantasy X, and her gang of girlfriends, and boy, do they prove that girls can do it just as good as the guys! FFX is not everyones' cup of tea; it's a break from the typicality of the series' previous instalments, but it's very lighthearted and extremely playable. The side quests are hilarious and I found myself laughing my way through them. If you take it too seriously then you won't enjoy it, though; you need to take it at face value and play it for what it is. The graphics are, as usual, gorgeous, and the world map is immersive. Overall, hours of fun (although not particularly challenging!) gameplay to be had with this one. For the price you can get it at now, I'd definitely reccomend you pick it up!
Welcome to the world of final fantasy X-2 a game that well, let's see how it is. Let's starts with the story and take it from there.
We join Yuna who after defeating sin and saving the day for everyone who has join up with a group called the gullwings that hunts down spheres, Yuna does this together with her team mates Rikku from the last game and Paine a new girl you will learn about later on in the game, the main aim for the gullwings and the whole game is to collect these spheres might the aim goal for Yuna is to find her love from the last game Tidus because she found a sphere and there was a guy that looked like him within the sphere and she thinks he might be still alive but when the group finds a sphere with a old machine called vegnagun, the mission now becomes find what ever this is a stop who ever is trying to use it, this before more difficult as it looks like the aeons have come back and attacking before so you must go the temples defeat the aeons again and find out what the hell is going on.
* Different powers, when you get new sphere you get new powers this can be anything from black mages to samurai and it is a lot of fun to play around with all of the different dress sphere you can have to find out which ones you can use the best and you can change in the middle of battles as well so if you want Yuna to be a black mages and a powerful white mage you can have that because when the team gets low you can just have Yuna changed to a white mage and heal everyone then just change back
* Some interesting side missions, there are a lot of side missions to do within this game they might even be a few to many but if you like side missions then this is a game you will enjoy because they are loads and I do mean loads so you can take a break from the main story and try your hand at side missions for a bit if you want or just carry on with the main story
* Pointless side missions, with they being so many side mission they are some that are just so annoying and pointless it just get annoying and the biggest one in my opinion is that when you talk to brother who flies the airship you are on he talks in al Bhed so again you have to go out and find all the Al bhed things to help you learn the language and this is very annoy because one in the last game I got them all so I should already be able to know it and second Rikku is now one of the main character and she is a bloody al bhed so why can she not teach me the language
* Stupid logic, there are many time within this game when logic jumps out the window and runs miles away and it just takes me out of the game like during one bit you have to sneak into a mansion using the bad guys uniforms and as soon as you have gotten in they take them off......WHY, why when you are trying to go around then bad guys place you take off the uniforms that would hide and help you
* Easy cheat to level up skills and you kind of have to, they is a very easy way just a bit into the game to get all your skills for a certain class up to max and the worse thing is you kind of have to do this because if you want to try and do it like normal then it takes ages and then just gets boring because some skills you need to use the skill like 200 times and so you would have to do over 200 battles so using this cheat kind of brings you got of the game a bit
Overall it is an ok game but only for hard final fantasy plays if you kind of like FFX then this is not a game for you but if you are a hardcore final fantasy player and really liked FFX then you should like this game, I really liked FFX but I did not like this game but that was because I just could not get over some of the stuff in this game.
I admit it, I played this game before I played FFX- in fact this was the second Final Fantasy game I ever played, after Final Fantasy VIII
Taking place two years after the end of Final Fantasy X, you play as Yuna, who after her defeat of Sin, has recently joined a group of Sphere Hunters called the Gullwings, along with her cousins Rikku and Brother, two other Al Bhed called Buddy and Shinra, and a mysterious girl called Paine.
Yuna, Rikku and Paine travel through Spira looking for treasure spheres, getting involved in all sorts of arguments and problems, and changing their clothes as often as possible. That's right- the Job System from the earlier Final Fantasy games has reappeared in a brand new form- Dresspheres and Garment Grids. There's plenty of variation with the dresspheres, as you can use magic and physical attacks, as well as magic and abilities that allow you to give your characters advantages.
I found that the game was very feel-good and cheery, while still having a good storyline, although some of the sidequests were just ridiculous. I felt that pushing a load of musicians into a lift was a waste of my time, yet it was something I had to do to continue with the storyline. That said, I thought that the main storyline was good, especially with the different outcomes you could get depending on who you sided with and whether you completed all of the sidequests. I also liked the idea of there being two or three different endings.
Gameplay I thought was good. I liked the real-time battle screens, as opposed to the turn taking of Final Fantasy X, and even though I wasn't exactly keen on the whole changing clothes to fight in a different way, especially with the skimpy element of the clothes, I thought that it was animated very well. Some of the dresspheres were better than others, both in design and ability- I felt that the Alchemist and Dark Mage dresspheres were well designed and had excellent abilities, whereas personally I felt that the Songstress dressphere was too skimpy, especially for a seventeen-year-old character, and also I felt that the abilities were not worth training up.
I have to admit, with the game now selling for around £9 new, and roughly £4 including p&p used, you definitely get value for money, with an original playthrough at about 50-60 hours, and the New Game+ element adds to the game, especially if you missed things on the first playthrough, or decide to side with the opposite group.
All in all, although this is very lighthearted compared to the relatively dark storyline of Final Fantasy X, I think that it's worth at least one playthrough, even if the opening song - real:Emotion- puts you off.