Product Type: other PS2 games
Newest Review: ... the key to the next area is no that much fun because it is so different from what the other levels are like and when Murray has to run aro... more
How to become a master thief.......By sly cooper
Sly Racoon (PS2)
Member Name: Naruto55
Sly Racoon (PS2)
Advantages: Powers, extras, Bosses
Disadvantages: one hit death, Hard areas
Welcome to the world of sly cooper where stealing and being a master criminal is what you are and is more fun than ever, stealing from police and some of the most evil people that walk this earth, sly has a very good back-story and a very good story as well so lets get started shall we.
The world of sly cooper is a good one you starts the game as sly breaking into the police headquarters to steal back his families book the thievius raccoonus (trying saying that 5 times fast) but just as sly tries to make his escape we meet the police woman who will chase sly down where ever he goes to catch him and but him behind bars Inspector Carmelita Fox but lucky you get away and live to steal another day the back-story to all of this is when sly was a boy sitting on his fathers knee his dad told him about there most prized possession the thievius raccoonus but that night a gang called the fiendish five attack and over powered slys dad and then stole the book. Sly was then dropped off in an orphanage where he met his two best friends and the people that help him on his mission Bentley the brain of the group and Murray the muscle. They plan to track down these 5 steal back the rest of the book and return it back to sly where it belongs.
* Story, the story is one of the best in the gaming world I have seen after every level and at the beginning you get a little cut scene telling you who you are about to face at the end of completing all the different levels who the boss is going to be and then at the end you get a cut scene about what happened to them and how sly got away before the police showed up to try and find him
* Different boss, not all the bosses are the same yes they are all different in the way they look but when fighting them most of them are different like the first boss you have to jump over and then hit but the next boss you cannot even hit because he is to strong so you have to go around the who area hitting the light to burn him, then the next boss after that is basically a game of very hard game of Simon says, so as you can see the bosses are different and so it makes you want to see what the next to bosses are like
* Powers, one of the best things about this game is that in most of the levels are there green clue bottles and if you break them all and then find the safe at the end you get a page from the thievius raccoonus and this will give you a power, it can be anything from being able to dodge roll out the way or making a image of yourself enemies will go after and attack. Also when you have defeated each boss at the end of they area you get some more as well and these power will have to be used for the rest of the game the rail slide or jumping on pointy objects.
* Extras, this really include s two thing so if the powers and getting all the pages of the thievius raccoonus which I have already talked about and then again for almost each level there are time trails where you have to complete the level within a certain time and this is good because when you do everything you get bonus cut scenes an example would be that when you complete the game not 100% yet you get the opening but the Japanese now this might seem pointless but to anyone who like to 100% games like me then he is something to go for
* Just one hit, one of the down sides is that just one hit and sly is dead yes there is a away to stop thing but have a silver house shoe for 1 free hit on you or a gold for 2 free hits but if you cannot find any of those and you get to the hard levels it can be very annoying just as you are about to complete a level the last bad guy gets a hit on you and you have to do it all over again
* Difficult levels some of the levels like where you have to be Murray and drive in a race for the key to the next area is no that much fun because it is so different from what the other levels are like and when Murray has to run around to get the key and you have to shoot the bad guys it seems like they wanted to make a kind of stealthy game and put these little bits in for other people but I think they should have just stuck with how the other levels are because that is what people and I loved about this game
In conclusion this is an amazing game and started off these lines of games this is a must have game not only for the game play but the story as well there are two other game sly 2 and 3 and there is another coming out as well eventually so before that next one come out get this game play it all the way thought and if you loved it which you should get the other two because it is just more of what was great in the first game. Overall a great game and a must have
Summary: A amazing game, 8/10
More reviews in the field of Playstation 2 Game
- So you thought Dark Cloud was good?
- Best resident evil game? Yes, in my opinion!
- Beautiful but not without some flaws
- Beautiful but flawed
- Don't Cry Too Much
- Brilliant, Just Brilliant!
- Final Fantasy X- beautiful in all aspects
- One of the best RPG's of the last decade.
- You're never too old to not be childish!