Product Type: Ubisoft PS3 games
Newest Review: ... place in the course of 16 years. The game's main feature is co-operative gameplay. The game requires the players to use coordinated strateg... more
Army of Two, or One if you prefer.
Army of Two (PS3)
Member Name: LastLine
Army of Two (PS3)
Advantages: Great coop, fun mechanics
Disadvantages: Quite a short story
Army of Two is a third person shooting game on the Playstation 3. The premise is fairly simple, you are one (or two if playing coop) member of a Private Military Company and you are considered the elite of the elite. You come equipped with the best armour and weaponry that money can buy. You start off on a fairly routine mission which ultimately becomes less than routine...but the story is for you to play and find out yourself, not for me to spoil.
The gameplay mechanics are rather interesting. Your weapon choices aren't massively exciting, there's certainly nothing revolutionary about the weapons available to you, they're pretty standard fare, pistols, machine guns, snipers and the like, but it is clear that each weapon has specific specialities which means you need to pick your fights carefully.
What makes combat particularly interesting is the aggro system. The bigger, louder, and more aggressive you are the more firepower you attract, this in turn makes your partner character near invisible to the enemy allowing them to sneak around and pick off enemy at their leisure. It sounds so simple but it does make the game quite tactical to play. As a bonus if you have the wrong weapon for the job you can hand off weapons to your partner in exchange for theirs so if you want to sneak around you can steal your partners silenced weapon for that particular moment.
There are some clever uses of sixaxis control, such as the parachute scene where you use the motion controls to guide yourself in towards the enemy which is one of the few times that you see this in PS3 games.
Summary: One of my favourite PS3 games to date.
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- Tom Clancy but not the same
- Arabian Nights with the Sights!
- A new meaning to Hazing
- The one to own on PS3
- Hell's Highway hits the HD generation
- "The numbers, Mason! What do they mean?"
- A Lombax, robots and a bad guy called Percival...
- Fifa 13 the best football game on the market.
- "Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!"
- Hungry Like the Wolf
- Brothers In Arms - Furious 4 (PS3)
- Baja 1000 Off Road Racing (PS3)
- Arthur and the Revenge of Maltazard (PS3)
- Afrika (PS3)
- Battle Vs Chess (PS3)
- Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary Edition (PS3)
- Grand Theft Auto V Collector's Edition (PS3)
- Grid 2: Standard Edition (PS3)
- Grid: Reloaded- Platinum Edition (PS3)
- Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits (PS3)