Product Type: Electronic Arts PS3 games
Newest Review: ... alien planets with your cyborg friend (and later another co-operative player). You are equipped with a leash which you can use to pull tar... more
Member Name: autumnleaf
Advantages: Pure craziness through-out
Disadvantages: It starts to get tiresome before the storymode ends
Bulletstorm is a crazy game. It is just all out insanity and thrills from the start right up to the end, with some crude-humour, quirkiness and over-the-top gore chucked in for good measure.
Without getting into the storyline, you play the part of a soldier fighting through alien planets with your cyborg friend (and later another co-operative player). You are equipped with a leash which you can use to pull targets towards you, fling players up into the air, into cactii and perform other moves with hilarious consequences.
What makes this game stand out from other FPS games is that you are awarded for increasingly creative and ridiculous deaths. For instance, you are rewarded for flinging players into the air with your leash and then shooting them in the balls. This makes for an interesting side-mission in which you are constantly monitoring your side-objectives to find new ways of killing people.
The feel of the game is just pure insanity and there are some great stand-out moments in the game that will have you chuckling and talking about with your mates; although I won't go into spoilers here.
As you can probably imagine, the novelty of the game can start to wear a bit thin; as any players of the studio's previous release Painkiller will be aware. But I still found this a thoroughly enjoyable experience and would certainly at least recommend renting it
Summary: Great fun with some memorable moments
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- Kirkwall, a city like every other
- Great Game For COD LOVERS!
- The Third Assassin That Came Before 47 but Didn't Really
- cracking game - if a little dated now
- Story telling and the art of enchantment
- A slight improvement = but generally more of the same
- Bringing down the triads, Jackie Chan style.
- Pirate adventure
- Destiny (PS3)
- Defiance (PS3)
- Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
- Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (PS3)
- Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
- Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel (PS3)
- Shellshock 2: Blood Trails (PS3)
- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PS3)
- The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (PS3)