Product Type: Deep Silver PS3 games
Newest Review: ... list of my favorite games in 2011, and i have played wuite a bit of games in 2011. This game definitely has a very "in your face"... more
Think Resident Evil meets a SAGA holiday!
Dead Island (PS3)
Member Name: cosmicpurple
Dead Island (PS3)
Advantages: Plenty of blood, jumps and zombie bashing!
Disadvantages: Clunky driving, a few glitches and repetative gameplay!
This game has so much promise, and to an extent it lives up to the hype. You can't go far wrong with an island full of zombies! However once you have ran around bashing a few zombies it soon becomes obvious that there isn't much more to the game than that. Throw in a few game play issues and before long you will be wondering if the game developers belonged to the world of the undead!
The game has some truly scary moments, the very beginning of the game makes you feel like you are taking part in a George A.Romero classic! You will have zombies jumping out at you, people screaming for help and all sorts of action set pieces. However the middle parts lack depth, you will find that you are repeating the same types of fetch and rescue missions over and over again.
The graphics are good, but you will notice the odd graphical glitch (trees in the air, feet getting lost in the floors). The zombies seem to be 'repopulating' areas that you've already cleared, this can get a bit boring when you have to constantly kill the same zombies over and over. The driving also feels clunky, but thankfully it's not such a mainstay of the game!
What it lacks in polish, it makes up for in fun, if you like running around bashing things in the head you will love this game. If you like deep plot lines and believable outcomes... this game may not be for you!
Summary: If you like zombie bashing you will love this game.
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- Dead Island - kick, stab, maul, bosh, whallop
- Fun Fun Fun!
- A must have for any Take That fan!
- A real and faithfull superhero game
- A fun game, but lacks the in depth quality
- 'In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night, no Green Lantern merchandise shall escape ...
- I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel
- Stuck in Limbo
- Is F1 A1?
- The alchemist of Dusk will brighten up your day
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (PS3)
- History Legends of War (PS3)
- Moto GP 10/11 (PS3)
- Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (PS3)
- Grid 2 (PS3)
- Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (PS3)
- Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (PS3)
- Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - Pla ...
- Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland (PS3)
- Little Bigplanet 2 - Platinum (PS3)