Product Type: Ubisoft PS3 games
Newest Review: ... well and you really get a feel of the heat driving through the jungle. Ubisoft were keen to tell us about their fire physics that a... more
an explosive return for the far cry series
Far Cry 2 (PS3)
Member Name: OJEtchells10
Far Cry 2 (PS3)
Advantages: fun firefights, looks really good, feel like you are a mercinary yourself
Disadvantages: mostly boring wondering around and getting attaked.
This game begins with you landing a made up African country on the brink of civil war and the first half an hour is an interactive cut scene that sees you driving through the savanah with your guide and its clear to see the country is subject to civil unrest. Its really sets the scene and begins the story in a compelling way that has you intruiged to see whats going to happen next. Within the first hour you get malaria and the country recedes into war.
graphics: The game looks good, really good. every detail of the savanah has been rendered well and you really get a feel of the heat driving through the jungle. Ubisoft were keen to tell us about their fire physics that act realisticlly and look good. Theres no doubt they look better than fire has ever looked in a game before without it being a set peice but still the physics do not work perfectly to what fire would actually do.
gameplay: You play in a first person view with no items taking up your hud except your health bar. By doing this you feel as if you are really part of the game and more part of the African enviroment but the map is huge and every time you need to get somewhere you have to press select and can get annoying. The fire fights are fun though, its the kind of game where you have the option to either sneak in with your sniper picking them off, go in guns blazing or burn the whole village down.
story: The story is nothing we havn't seen before. Its your classic African country has a civial war, lots of mercinaries, corruption the whole lot. The main story though is about finding and killing the gun barron that is suppling all the guns to the civil war. There are a few moments in the story when you are really immersed into the story but mostly you will find yourself travelling from one side to another of a 30 mile square map doing the same kind of missions over and over again and on your way getting attaked by every mercinary you come across. It feels as if you are just killing time doing pointless missions and killing soldiers untill the story can progress.
All in all if you have the patience this can be a great game. Even if you don't have the patience at times the game can look stunning and you can be emmersed into a fun firefight.
Summary: a game that could have been great if they had just patched upa few flaws.
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- A huge map with so much to do = endless fun
- the story is nothing special, but thats not what battlefield is about
- not much in the way of story but lots of gory fun
- Who knew dying could be so much fun
- Final Fantasy going in the right direction
- Dishonored: A Refreshing Stealth/Action game
- Borderlands 2: Shooting thought Pandora one psycho at a time
- Perfect Pals in Perfidious Platforming Perils
- The Holy Grail of Beat-Em-Ups?
- Get your FIFA
- Darksiders 2 (PS3)
- Tales of Graces f (PS3)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
- Sniper 2: Ghost Warrior (PS3)
- Rune Factory Oceans (PS3)
- Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3)
- God of War 3: PS3 Essentials (PS3)
- God of War Collection 2: PS3 Essentials (PS3)
- God Of War Collection: PS3 Essentials (PS3)
- Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS3)