Product Type: Electronic Arts PS3 games
Newest Review: ... playing, the online sessions where you put your skills to test against all the other Fifa fans, are you as good as you think? In my opin... more
FIFA 10 - the game steps up again
FIFA 10 (PS3)
Member Name: tangoman84
FIFA 10 (PS3)
Advantages: Amazing gameplay, great graphics, excellent sound, great online play, excellent loading times
Disadvantages: Some commentary issue
Fifa 10 is finally here following on from where Fifa 09 left off and it sees a huge step forward in terms of the development of the playing side.
So what exactly has been improved?
- First thing you find when you load is that the game once again has the training arena which is a welcomed continuation but this has not just been left as was but has been massively improved in that you can now select set pieces, training matches, change the player you control in the arena and most noticable to me was that it is all much crisper looking than the Fifa 09 effort.
- Next on the list of improvements is the loading times which I found to be much less than those experienced in last years version.
- The gameplay itself has had a massive overhaul and you are now able to move your players much more accurately thanks to the development of the 360 degree dribbling...this is something that will lead to you running the ball out of play more but stick with it and you will wonder where you were without it.
- I have been impressed yet again with the graphics which have been made crisper and there have been improvements to commentary and also sound effects.
- I have found one thing especially good in this game and that is in set-pieces where I am now able to use R2 and L2 to move my wall which allows me not only to block better but also to allow me better counter attacking chances.
- The online mode is once again fantastic and I have personally found less lag than in last years version.
- There is now a store for purchasing extra content with new stadiums due to be getting rolled out over the season which allows for the game to gain its depth as it goes along.
So are there any negatives?
- The commentary can sometimes be a little bit poor with things like the comment about the ball nearly hitting the bar on a shot along the grass.
- I use the online facility and when doing this it always updates the teams but when playing in the normal game once again and not using online your teams are back to the previous versions.
All of these points are just that but I am also here to offer opinion and I have to say that I love the new game. The new controls keeps you having to pay attention and there is no longer that availability to switch off for a few seconds as this is now something that will be punished. I find the refereeing of the match to be brilliant aswell as sometimes it seems that something will be missed by the officials just as in real life. The game is fast paced and takes getting used to but for me this is perfectly balanced between speed and precision. Will this game out do Pro Evolution Soccer 2010??? Well I have played the demo of that and have to say that each game appears to have things going for it but for me Fifa is amazing.
Summary: A great game that has seen a huge step up from FIFA 09 and is now in position to lead the market
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon (PS3)
- F.E.A.R. 3 (PS3)
- Twisted Metal X (PS3)
- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS3)
- Sorcery - Move Required (PS3)
- Tour De France 2012 (PS3)
- Persona 4 Arena (PS3)
- Motorstorm Apocalypse (PS3)
- Lego Lord of the Rings (PS3)