Product Type: Rockstar PS3 games
Newest Review: ... or on a motorbike on top of a cliff or on a beach, watching the sun rise over the sea. Who cares about guns when you can watch a sun like ... more
Calm down Jack, it's only a game!
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Member Name: Rocketeer007
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Advantages: Great gameplay and sound - lives up to its reputation
Disadvantages: Graphics are good, but not amazing
Grand Theft Auto IV needs no introduction, as it has been made famous by all the media coverage surrounding this rather controversial series of potentially violent action games. If you haven't heard about the series before, I recommend Wikipedia for a bit of background reading...
Gameplay: This game plays very similarly to previous games in the GTA series. I've not played one on console before, but after GTA: San Andreas on the PC, I decided it was time to switch to console... The controls are much more intuitive in this format, bringing the story much more naturally to life.
Graphics: I expected to be blown away by the graphics on the PS3, and was somewhat disappointed. The game suffers from a lack of anti-aliasing, meaning diagonal lines can look amazingly jagged close up. This is more noticeable at some times than others, leading me to wonder if the resolution is ocassionally switching on my system
Sound: The voice actors have all done a fabulous job, making this a great sounding game throughout. The car radios are also still here, and still provide that entertaining mix of talk radio, rock, R&B and smooth country.
My only problem - the game is just too big! Even with a guide, there's so much to do that it's hard to decide what to do next, and it's very easy to get distracted by side missions without realising it!
Summary: Buy it, play it, love it (but don't forget, it's only a game!)
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- unreal tournament 3
- Saints row 2 - GTA4 Topper
- SR2: Blows GTA out of the water.
- Love it!
- Assasination, Pick-pocketing, Eavesdropping and Intimidation
- high paced crashing action
- a valiant effort for one of the first PS3 games
- a weak return for the resistance series
- Uncharted 3: A game changer
- Criminals are out walking the streets of Arkham City.
- Rune Factory Oceans (PS3)
- Darksiders 2 (PS3)
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
- Sniper 2: Ghost Warrior (PS3)
- Tales of Graces f (PS3)
- Monkey Island: Special Edition - Collection (PS3)
- WSC Real 11 (PS3)
- Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends (PS3)
- Red Dead Redemption - Game of The Year Edition (PS3)
- Duke Nukem Forever (PS3)