Product Type: Sony PS3 games
Newest Review: ... times). The plot is also similar, you play 4 different characters all linked to or possibly even a serial killer called the Origami Kille... more
"It's only a game..." Wrong!
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Member Name: Fudds
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Advantages: Unique, thrilling, Excellent soundtrack, Brilliantly made
Disadvantages: I can't erase my memory of this game and play again, but for the life of me I want to!
Ever since video games became mainstream they have been written off as brainless and "for kids". Heavy Rain takes this perception and annihilates it.
Heavy Rain is set in a city struck by a series of connected murders, all leading towards the "Origami Killer". Controlling four main characters: a man whose son has been kidnapped, a private investigator, an FBI agent and a journalist, you must find the kidnapped son before it's too late.
Heavy Rain is a unique game in the way it is played out. It is almost movie-like; the general story is set, you just have the chance to change it through choices you make using the simplistic control system present in the game. There is little skill involved, although on the highest difficulty it doesn't hurt to have quick reactions.
This game, then, doesn't seem special, but it just might be the most special game on the Playstation 3. Never has a game provoked such an emotional response as this one. It can be compared to an action thriller on the big screen, yet it wouldn't do the game justice. You become 'attached' to the characters, you empathise with them, you feel all the emotions the characters feel, more than in any film I have ever watched. And the brilliant thing is that everyone's experience is different. The game is shaped by your choices throughout, and with over 20 different endings, Heavy Rain offers a personalised experience which other games seldom offer.
Quite simply then, Heavy Rain is a game that should be bought by every single owner of a Playstation 3. In a seemingly action-less game it made my heart race more than any action game, it made me feel more attached to the characters than in an RPG, and for the time that it took me to end the game, I've never been more glued to my TV.
Summary: A must-buy for PS3 owners, in my opinion, the best game ever released for the console.
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- You want water you better go dunk yer head in the horse trough out there
- It's the Spaniards Sully, they never left!
- Man down! Man Down!
- "Show courage! Show pride! Show strength! But show no mercy!"
- "Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!"
- Biking Hell
- How you imagined future games to be as a kid.
- Arkham City is no Joker, you can't even Penguin to imagine how good it is.
- Addictive great game!
- Monsters vs. Aliens (PS3)
- Skylanders Swap Force - Starter Pack (PS3)
- Saint Seiya - B rave Soldiers (PS3)
- Rayman Origins: PlayStation 3 Essentials (PS3)
- Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (PS3)
- Monster Madness: Grave Danger (PS3)
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst (PS3)
- NHL 09 (PS3)
- Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
- Rapala Fishing Frenzy (PS3)