Product Type: Sega PS3 games
Newest Review: ... at the same time as the film focuses on his plight as he battles evil. Unfortunately for me the game did not really have too much real... more
Iron Man - Not that great
Iron Man (PS3)
Member Name: Dangey2009
Iron Man (PS3)
Advantages: Graphics are not great and gameplay is slow
I played Iron Man on the PS3 recently that a friend of mine owns and I have to say I found it adequate but cetainly not brilliant.
To give you a quick idea of the storyline, Tony Stark is held captive in a cave guarded by soldiers armed with weapons of his own design. He wonders how he can get out of this situation and decides to constuct a high-tech suit of armour and becomes Iron Man.
He embarks on a quest to find the evil that have been spawned by his creations and save his family legacy. The game, released at the same time as the film focuses on his plight as he battles evil. Unfortunately for me the game did not really have too much real excitement that you might assoicate with other games of this type.
As stated the game begins in the dark cave where Tony plans the suit of armour that will aid his escape. At the end of each level there is a cutscene that shows character interaction and alot of Iron man flying. Robert Downey Junior and Terrence Howard have lent their voices and likenesses to the game. The others are just made up.
In the gameplay you encounter a number of enemies, however a lot of these are not that mobile or skilled and easy to defeat. The give up all too easily as well so not much of a challenge to the player. Even when you have to fight agains trucks or tanks for example they don't move too much and just sit in one spot waiting to be picked off. They will of course shoot at you but it's easy enough to pick them off if you time it right. If you do get hit or injured you have the chance to restore your health with a brief challenge where you press a button. If you succeed with this then one of your life bars gets restored. If you do happen to lose all your life cells then you will fail the mission and lose but it's fairly hard to die really.
I didn't find the game whether the scenery is inside or outside to be a particulaly visually pretty experience. Enemies and explosions are not that realistic and not the 3-D experience we should be used to. The graphic appeared to be best when you are flying at high speeds through the air.
For me, I didn't enjoy this game too much and there didn't seem to be a huge amount of effort that went into the graphics or the gameplay but that's only my opinion. You may love it. I didn't really feel inspired at all.
Summary: Overall not recommended - Adequate at best
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- Another winner
- ***Enjoyed the game but expected it to be more like Skyrim***
- THQ Take Us Back to When Wrestling Was Great.
- Infamous The Choice is Yours
- UFC 2009 Could have been great but the problems let it down
- Tomb Raider Underworld Fun game but not the true experience
- 'In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night, no Green Lantern merchandise shall escape ...
- Mass Effect 2: Brilliant
- I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
- Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II
- Bowers & Wilkins A7 AirPlay Wireless Music System
- iHome iP57 Rechargeable Portable Speaker System
- Incase Mini Car Charger
- Griffin PowerJolt SE with Lightning Connector
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (PS3)
- Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (PS3)
- Killzone II (PS3)