Product Type: Sony PS3 games
Newest Review: ... feels heavier than in many of its contemporaries - though Guerrilla Games accurately gauged the divide between testing the player's quic... more
A childrens' game that pretends to be grown up
Killzone 2 (PS3)
Member Name: shuttlex
Killzone 2 (PS3)
Date: 18/01/11, updated on 18/01/11 (28 review reads)
Advantages: Immersive action scenes
Disadvantages: a childrens' game that pretends to be grown up
Recently I had some free time on my hands so I decided to pick up a game to play on my PS3. I usually only use to watch videos. Unfortunately, new releases tend to retail at around 40 GBP yet within weeks already discounted and by the end of the year only a fiver. For this reason it makes it hard to justifying buying a brand new game that has just been released. I wait over a year and then buy heavily discounted.
In this instance I purchased Killzone 2 for only 5GBP second hand. Considering this was a highly rated title it seemed like a bargain. Upon booting the game I was slightly disappointed by the graphics, they just didn@t have that next gen wow factor which we were shown in the tech demo 5 years ago. The game also suffers from frame rate problems slowing down to what seems like 5 fps sometimes. Some stages have a very immersive action film like experience with your troops helping you fight the enemies, however at some points you are left alone walking down another boring plain corridor giving you the feeling that your playing a geeky first person pc shooter rather than an action packed console title.
The game attempts to introduce a convincing story line but it just seemed rubbish. The action and voice overs are also fairly poor. Whats worse, the game is rated 18, contains strong language yet the acting and story line make it look like it would appeal to the 10 - 16 year old range. Every other dialogue contains the f word. This is not an adult title, more like a childrens' game that pretends to be grown up. The producers of the game should seriously reconsider who this game is aimed at.
Summary: a bit disappointed
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- Fight the dead. Fear the living.
- Blur-dy Good
- Fifa 11 improves on greatness
- Exceptional, realistic racing simulator
- Heavy Rain (PS3) Strong Game-Noir
- Fun Game that differs from your average RPG
- Persona meets Street Fighter
- Top o' the mornin to ya, or whatever time it is
- The power of two - but is it that powerful?
- Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3)
- God of War 3: PS3 Essentials (PS3)
- Final Fantasy XIV Online (PS3)
- Fight Night Round 4 Platinum (PS3)
- FIFA 13 Ultimate Edition (PS3)
- BUZZ! Quiz TV incl. Buzzer (PS3)
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (PS3)
- TNA Impact (PS3)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (PS3)
- Pain (PS3)