Product Type: Midway PS3 games
Newest Review: ... two-player functions propping things up. The two-player is, much like the single-player, an okay means of killing an hour or so, though it'... more
Finish him! Fatality!
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (PS3)
Member Name: aasimontheweb
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (PS3)
Advantages: Great Online feature, Replayability, Original Characters of two worlds
Disadvantages: 3D Realm Disappeared
Succeeding Mortal Kombat deadly alliance, Mortal Kombat have teamed up with DC universe Comic's to create a fighting Simulation game!
The Player can now play as Raiden and use the Power of the thunder God, and also play as Sub Zero The Ice Dragon, but also be able to play as classic comic characters. Such as Batman, Wonder woman and Superman. All great Kombat and DC characters.
The game Starts off when two different Worlds/Universes Collide into one another, opening voids and teleportations into both realms, the player chooses a side to play on and then he fights on either realm to stop corruption and succeed the war.
The downside is you don't pick your character's you get them assigned to you and then you take the character through his/her chapters. With 22 Characters it is really amazing!
Also while we are on the subject of 'downsides' the game does not have the 3D realm explorations as Deadly Alliance did. Which to me does not do the game any favours, Being able to explore the realm is what made Mortal Kombat amazing in it's prime always a step ahead of others. Not having the 3D realm is a bitter disappointment to me.
The game does have a great replay factor though, as instead of playing as the same character throughout both playthroughs, you play as a completely new character. Which increases the Longivity of the game.
Online is extremely satifisfying for any Mortal Kombat fanatic, as there is a new feature to the online mode, Basically as you are online you get directed to a lobby where you can hype yourself up and big yourself up, and on the left there are the players online currently and they're connection status.
Then once you play and win in consecutive game's you develop a streak of games. Then there's the hall of fame desplaying the best online player's such as the best streaker(yes I laughed at first aswell!) the Most online game player etc.
The game does not Lag online and I have played it several times. A great development in the MK Franchise.
Overall I would definitely recommend to any Mortal Kombat Hunters out there as the game is Consistently improving over the years.
Thanks for reading
Summary: A Shockingly Great game for the 2D Gaming Dimension
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- call of duty world at war leaves me torn
- One Step away?
- Another Day, Another Biohazard
- Would you say that this game is a bit..Lost..?
- I am the Elite King
- Most Wanted? Not really, although quite desirable
- Dynasty Warriors 8 is not Unique
- On the Border of excellence - just misses the mark
- All aboard the sinister minister !
- A man chooses...to play Bioshock
- Battlefield 4 Limited Edition (PS3)
- Battlefield 4 Deluxe Edition (PS3)
- Batman Arkham Origins (Batman Legend Edition)
- Beats by Dr. Dre Pill Speaker
- Belkin 2-Port Car Mini Charger with ChargeSync Cable
- Belkin 6 Lightning to USB Charge/Sync Cable
- Belkin Audio Splitter
- Belkin Car Charger with Lightning Connector
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
- Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition (PS3)