Product Type: Disney PS3 games
Newest Review: ... are multiple shortcuts available, some leading to jumps and others revealing tight corridors that could lead to a crash if you veer off... more
Member Name: afalloon
Advantages: Great racing action
Pure allows you to custom-design your bike and rider's uniform. There are several licensed parts to build your bike with, but most of them don't make a genuine difference to how your ride handles. You'll still hit big air with different types of back plating, for example.
Aside from the controls, you have a couple of other things to enjoy across Pure's 12 tracks. There are multiple shortcuts available, some leading to jumps and others revealing tight corridors that could lead to a crash if you veer off-course. There are also bloodthirsty computer driven players that don't hesitate to play catch-up after you think you've left them in the dust. The single-player campaign has several stages, each ramping up in difficulty as you go. It's the kind of comfortable progression that a good racing game should have, rather than one that starts you on kiddie wheels and then ramps up the challenge on the next course.
World Tour only lasts a few hours, but Pure offers plenty to do outside of that. Sprint Mode requires focus on high-speed driving, without so much emphasis on getting air. Race Mode is a nice little hybrid between acceleration and jumps. Freestyle Mode lets you rack up stunt points in a specific amount of time while competing with others. Even better, you can play these modes alone or hop online (Xbox Live or PlayStation Network) to challenge others. All of them are fun in their own little way, but they're all more enjoyable with human competition. Up to 16 players can join, and if you don't have enough to fill the open slots, artificially controlled drivers will join the race.
Pure has some of the best racing action we've seen all year. The throttling gameplay, gorgeous presentation and sweet multiplayer options make it a ride you cannot miss.
Summary: Full action racing game
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- Buzz goes from strength to strength
- Killzone 2.
- A 'Goldeneye' Contender?
- Resident Evil 5
- Resistance 2 - Falls down at the last hurdle
- Fight the dead. Fear the living.
- Excellent games but they may be better suited to their original mobile device fo ...
- Game over man GAME OVER !
- Baby, Baby, Baby I'm a Hitman
- Persona meets Street Fighter
- Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3)
- Rocksmith (PS3)
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (PS3)
- Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter (PS3)
- Bose SoundDock 10 Bluetooth Digital Music System
- Bose SoundDock Series III Digital Music System
- Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II
- Bowers & Wilkins A7 AirPlay Wireless Music System
- Griffin PowerJolt SE with Lightning Connector