Product Type: id Software PS3 games
Newest Review: ... In a nutshell, you play a survivor in a futuristic world which has been mostly destroyed by an asteroid. The environments carry a kin... more
Could be better
Rage - PS3
Member Name: autumnleaf
Rage - PS3
Advantages: A good attempt at making a more interesting FPS experience
Disadvantages: Repetitive and dull
ID Software are often famed as the studio that introduced us to First Person Shooters, with games such as Wolfenstein, Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Quake exploring the newly created FPS space in different ways.
Jump ahead a few years and the developer has created Rage, a vastly expanded experience from the previous games. In a nutshell, you play a survivor in a futuristic world which has been mostly destroyed by an asteroid. The environments carry a kind of wild-west steampunk feel to them for a fairly unique setting.
Rather than this being a linear FPS, ID software have attempted to install elements of games like Zelda and Skyrim to create a more RPG / Adventure style game with FPS elements. You are expected to perform quests for people whilst also keeping on the look out for bandits which flood the environment. Each character in the game feels distinct and has their own personality and you can interact with them and talk to them to obtain information, plot filling and for performing quests.
In addition to the overworld / dungeon feel to the game, there is also a big emphasize on driving, where you are able to customise your vehicle to travel between sections of the map to enable you to better take out bandits. There are also races you can participate in to win yourself upgrades.
Overall, this feels like a strange mish-mash of games that doesn't really excel in any one area. The unique feel to the game is welcomed but in the end, it just feels repetitive and there isn't any great urgency to see what happens next.
Summary: A good premise but ultimately the game feels samey and dull.
More reviews in the field of Playstation 3 Game
- Great Game For COD LOVERS!
- The Third Assassin That Came Before 47 but Didn't Really
- cracking game - if a little dated now
- Simply the best!
- Apparently this is the worse one fo the trilogy !
- COD Ghosts-same shooter, new stuff
- One of My Favorite Games Of All Time
- A Nightmarish Descent Into Madness
- Final Fantasy XIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis (PS3)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PS3)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)
- mophie Juice Pack Universal Powerstation PRO
- Philips AD7000W AirPlay Speaker
- Philips DS3880W AirPlay Speaker
- Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Mini External Battery
- mophie Juice Pack Powerstation Duo External Battery
- NHL 2K9 (PS3)