Product Type: Eidos PSP games
Newest Review: ... and the action is smooth. The camera does have an annoying habit of regularly being in the wrong place when being attacked or searching a... more
Another average outing for Lara
Tomb Raider Legend (PSP)
Member Name: scoi
Tomb Raider Legend (PSP)
Advantages: Smooth graphics
Disadvantages: Light on tomb raider puzzles
Tomb Raider Legend is another of Lara's adventures in finding hidden treasures around the globe. The story in Legend takes Lara through many countries and is a based a lot more outside the ancient tombs than a lot of previous games.
The graphics are very clear and the action is smooth. The camera does have an annoying habit of regularly being in the wrong place when being attacked or searching around.
The gameplay is a lot more shooting and finding and flicking switches than the problem solving and agility that made the series an initial success and which has lead to numerous games failing to meet the high standards set out back in the ninties.
A major annoyance is that the button configuration is different to the Anniversary edition released a year later and is available as a double pack. Configuration cannot be changed in the options. Playing one game after the other leads to frustration as you run towards a cliff only to shoot the other side rather than majestically leaping to safety.
Ignoring the other games in the series its a good game in gameplay, graphics and story line and for those who don't like puzzles which are too in depth will really enjoy this as a platformer/shooter/adeventure game. For fans of the Tomb Raider puzzles you may find you finish the game feeling a little let down.
Summary: An average tomb raider, good PSP game
More reviews in the field of PSP Game
- Not the best but still enjoyable
- Monster Hunter Freedom
- Simple time killer
- Tomb Raider Remastered
- Miami Vice: The Game
- Linear, Fun, Linear, and Fun
- More Fun Than Shooting Actual People In the Face. Probably.
- Great for handheld
- To infinity ... and beyond!
- Crisis Core...much anticipated, but worth the wait....?
- Hannah Montana: Rock Out The Show (PSP)
- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PSP)
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PSP)
- Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Defender of the Core (PSP)
- WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 (PSP)
- UP (PSP)
- Half-Minute Hero (PSP)
- Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks (PSP)
- Rock Band Unplugged (PSP)
- Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (PSP)