Product Type: Apple MP3 players
Newest Review: ... will likely not be considering this shuffle anyway. Speaking of the ear phones, this ipod came with the original Apple ear buds, which I f... more
Two problems I faced while using iPod
Apple iPod shuffle 512 MB
Member Name: ishti50
Apple iPod shuffle 512 MB
Advantages: Good sound quality, great style
Disadvantages: iTune is problemous with XP home edition, needs highspeed USB
I don't want to start by saying what iPod is or how great it is. It may very well be the best possible option in the market. And whaen I bought it, that was what made me buy it. But later on I found several problems with it that couldn't be solved till today. I generally write positive comments about everything and iPod too is a good purchase but beaware of the following two issues that I faced.
1. Highspped USB: If you pc is a little old and you don't know whether it has high speed or low speed USB then check that out first. When I bought iPod, one of my reasons to buy it was the fact that it is also an USB drive which I wanted to use to transfer data between the two PCs I had in my home. However, since one of the two was a bit old and didn't have highspeed USB, I was never successful in doing that.
2. I tune is not so great. I am not sure what is the case with many ppl, but I was not happy with using iTunes. I never bought any mp3 from iTunes. I downloaded mp3 and transferred them to the iPod. However, for what reason don't know, after the first transferring of mp3s iTune seem to get frozen on any attempt of music transferrig on my PC. I assume it is because of my operating system or so. It is not the fault of the specific iPod that I bought, because once my first iPod stopped playing music and I had to get it replaced from the seller. They replaced it immediately (great customer service), but the new iPod had the same problem in transferring songs.
In general, iPod is good, but after paying the price for the product you definitely don't want to see things not happening as you wanted, do you? Therefore I consider iPod as a little over average type of product.
Thanks for reading the review.
Summary: Good music but a few technical problems; above average product.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of MP3 Player
- U2 fans looking for an iPod look no further
- I RIVER - excellent high quality mp3 players
- Apples Aren't The Only....
- A Little Xtra
- For when I'm shuffling
- a gorgeous mp3 player with a few quirks
- Nanu Nanu I am the new Nano!
- MP3's best friend!
- That "5" Stands for "Five Stars"
- a 'different' product, but maybe not in a good way