Product Type: Graco prams, pushchairs and strollers
Newest Review: ... just a couple of clicks. Con's: - When both hoods were extended, there was a gap at the top of about 1inch, so if you had forgot your ... more
A great all rounder
Graco Mirage Travel System
Member Name: wazza115
Graco Mirage Travel System
Date: 19/03/12, updated on 12/06/13 (72 review reads)
Advantages: Value for money
Disadvantages: A bit bulky
Expecting Lauren, my parents were adamant that they were buying the pushchair (apparently its a tradition). Not having a clue of what we needed, we went into a little baby shop while we were on holiday. After having a look at what seemed like 100s of pushchairs, we opted for the Graco Travel System. It seemed to have everything we though we would need and was at a bargain price of £169.99 which included a raincover, cat seat and pushchair. It was then left at my mums for another 6months and never touched again.
It is quite a bulky pushchair, measuring approximately 95 x 34 x 41 cm when folded which was ok when we went out in our Zafira however it would not fit into the boot if my Corsa.
The Travel System:
- Easy to attach the car seat so the system, just a couple of clicks.
- When both hoods were extended, there was a gap at the top of about 1inch, so if you had forgot your raincover or parasol, Lauren was a little exposed.
This was really easy to use and steer, the shopping basket was really big and I was able to fit my change bag in there.
- Front lockable swivel wheels.
- Fully padded seat
- You can adjust the seat and recline to a full lie-flat position
- Padded head support
- 5 point harness
- Snack tray
- It can be a bit tricky to fold the pushchair down, there is a certain knack to this and it did take me a couple of weeks to get the hang of this but once I had, it was really easy.
- It can be a bit fiddly to try and put the seat back into an upright position it Lauren was sat in it.
- The snack tray unclips one side and as Lauren got bigger she was able to do this herself, she did catch her fingers a couple of times.
- Whilst the shopping basket was big, if Lauren was fully reclined, it was not easy to access things in there.
- Quite bulky, especially if you only have a small car. Even in out Zafira, it still took up quite a lot of space.
The Car Seat:
This was suitable from birth, I did not purchase the in car base to go with this, however it was really easy to fit each time as you just feed the seat belt through various points of the car seat.
- Reinforced body insert and head support designed for newborns
- Adjustable canopy
- Adjustable 3 point safety harness
- Side impact protection
- Multi-position handle
- As I didnt use it with the base, it was easy to swap between cars meaning that until Lauren was approaching 1, we didnt need to purchase two car seats.
- Initially Lauren looked a little 'lost' however you do get an additional head support included.
Accessories are really cheap as you can buy universal products, my footmuff cost me £15 and parasol £8.
Overall, I would recommend this range, although there may be fancier products on the market, this does everything you need it to and inexpensive in comparison.
I think the price to but now is less than what we paid (I think we paid a bit more as brought from a little independent shop) and you can pick a used one up for less than £50.
Thanks for reading.
Product specifics provided by Kiddicare.com
Summary: A great all rounder, everything you need and at a bargain price.
More reviews in the field of Pram, Pushchair and Stroller
- Phil & Teds Thirsty Work Bottle Holder
- Phil & Teds Snug Sunhood
- Phil & Teds Smart Sunhood
- Phil & Teds Verve Double Kit
- Phil & Teds Travel System
- Micralite Multi Position Handles with Quick Release Levers
- Micralite Superlite Classic Stroller
- Micralite Super-lite Seat Liners
- Micralite Super-lite Sun & Bug Cover
- Micralite Superlite Liner