Product Type: Maclaren prams, pushchairs and strollers
Newest Review: ... currently offer triple points. Why Buy I purchased this stroller as it was easy to put up whilst balancing a child, it could fit through... more
McClaren Double Trouble made easier
Maclaren Twin Techno
Member Name: cha97mw
Maclaren Twin Techno
Date: 16/07/10, updated on 21/08/12 (404 review reads)
Advantages: cheaper than other models, lightweight, easy to manoeuvre
Disadvantages: hard to push with older children
When I discovered I was pregnant with a second child, this buggy was my first choice before doing investigation into different buggy types, and ended up being the one I purchased and used.
I love the Mclaren range for its lightness, easiness to push, and the simple collapsing mechanism. Also, as a small car driver, it folds much smaller than other models. Overall, when collapsed, this model is not much wider than the single model.
My children had a gap of 18 months between them, so I wanted something that would be suitable from birth for the baby, but also suitable for the toddler. I found this ideal. It came complete with head huggers for both children, and foot muffs. Also a rain cover. I found this harder to get on quickly than with a single buggy.
The advantages are:
- it will fully recline so suitable from birth.
- both babies get a view as you walk along unlike the buggies where one child is forced to almost sit on the floor underneath the other child.
- It folds really small, and has a carry handle for ease of moving it around.
- the harnesses are all adjustable as the baby gets bigger.
- It is easy to manoeuvre while walking around.
- The double basket held quite a lot of stuff when we went shopping.
The disadvantages we found with this buggy were:
- the handles were quite far apart, which made steering more difficult when the weight load increased as the children grew, and also it was hard to put the nappy bag there when walking. It could have done with a 3rd handle really.
- The buggy was too wide to go through certain checkouts at our local supermarket, which was embarassing when I got it stuck.
- The seats were a little bit too narrow for a large 2-3 year old wearing winter clothes.
- When my boys were both toddlers, I found it really difficult to get it back up curbs unless they were totally flat. On one occasion my eldest child fell out as it stopped abruptly and he had not been strapped in.
- My small car (Skoda Fabia) was really too small to fit the buggy in if we wanted to go anywhere and also fit anything else in the boot.
In spite of the disadvantages, I loved this buggy. I would have no hesitation buying another one. I would have got a lot more use out of it if my boys hadn't been such bruisers. Pushing 5 stone of weight in it would be tricky in any model. I tell all my pregnant friends and family members that McClaren is a brand to trust.
Summary: a brilliant buy to help you get your little ones around.