Product Type: Karcher pressure washers
Newest Review: ... car, but decided not to risk it on the body work of the old jalopy. The back spray from the Karcher is quite an issue too. I was seein... more
phew - I'm Karchered and filthy!
Karcher K2.29 Pressure Washer
Member Name: freud
Karcher K2.29 Pressure Washer
Advantages: easy to use, good price
Disadvantages: a little difficult to move around, not for large paved areas
Whilst clambering over all sorts in the shed I finally found the pressure washer and once I had cleaned it on the sides I realised it was a Karcher K2-120. We have had it a good few years now and hubby thought it was around £50 then, so I reckon the price must have increased as so many people seem to be doing their essential work themselves to save money like us!
I looked at it rather dubiously as it looked so dirty and I wondered if it would still actually work but wanting to be defeated I gave it a quick hose-down and set it up. All I needed to do was to unscrew the hosepipe nozzle from the hosepipe with a screwdriver and then re-screw that to the correct part on the machine. Thankfully the trigger gun was already attached so it was ready to go.
I turned on the water and gently squeezed the trigger and - low & behold - there I was looking like the man on TV blasting away at the paving rapidly returning to its original colours! Well, I exaggerate here - I did not look like a person who would be seen on TV as I was already filthy as all most of the dirt from the path had blasted its way all over me.
WORDS OF ADVICE FROM ONE WHO HAS LEARNED THE HARD WAY -
1. Wear a hat - be it a bobble, baseball, turban - whatever - but keep your hair protected
2. Wear some eye protection - sunglasses, goggles, builder's glasses - essential as I got loads of dirt in my eyes
3. Cover up or you will get splattered
4. Wellies or old shoes/ boots are a must - nothing worse than ruining a pair of £30 clogs
The machine weighs about 4kg and measures approximately( LxWxH) is 280 x 176 x 443 mm.
It has a 6m hose which is generous and the maximum pressure is 100 bar which is pretty powerful although this Karcher is only 'entry level'
It has an integrated fine mesh water filter and a one-way spray pencil lance which apparently cleans 50% more than other similar brands. The pressure washer is 1300 watts.
THINGS I LIKE ABOUT THIS KARCHER
- it is simple to use - basically once you've fitted the hose you just squeeze the trigger and start blasting
- the trigger handle is comfy so you can use it without causing strain to the hands or fingers even over a long period of time
- the handle is long so you do not have to bend over too much(good for anyone, like me, with a bad back)
- the results are instantly visible
- I cleaned the back patio area and garden furniture in about 2 hours which is much quicker than I'd expected.
THINGS I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THIS KARCHER
- Although it only weighs 4 kilos I found it difficult to move around because of the design - 1 end is plugged into the mains whilst the other is connected to hosepipe (get my drift?)
- Yes, it did a great job of our paving - the colours were restored - but there was no way of cleaning off the dirty wet surface apart from waiting until it dried and then spending hours brushing away the debris. So I wish it had a brush attachment ( I think the professional ones do?)
- I was hoping it would shift the moss and weeds which are trapped in between the paving but it failed to do so without bringing up all the sand as well.
- If had the choice I would prefer an even stronger Karcher preferably with a brush or some sort of a blower attachment to avoid having to spend so long brushing up the mess left behind.
- I think this is a good machine for cleaning cars, bikes, garden furniture etc but not sure if I could really recommend it for cleaning large paved areas.
- However, it is a good basic machine at a very reasonable price so I am awarding 4 stars.
Summary: recommended but with some reservations
More reviews in the field of Pressure Washer
- This is not a water pistol!
- Under Pressure...Get a Washer!
- A shining example of how good budget models everywhere can be!!!
- Cheap and useless pressure washer
- Forget Karcher, Nilfisk is the best brand around.
- Blast that grime away... or at least try to
- Karcher K2120 Pressure Washer
- It cleans like nothing from this world, amazing!
- Very handy and cheap to run
- Powerful pressure