* Prices may differ from that shown
ISBN: 0 7499 3419 0
First published in UK by Judy Piatkus Publishers Ltd, 2003.
RRP £5.99 (Paperback)
Shari Low: Double Trouble
The book is based around 3 main characters, 1 man: Clark and 2 women: Cassandra and Polly.
*Clark Dunhill: Good looking, succesful at work. What he wants he gets.
I really disliked this character! Too cocksure of himself, you really don't warm to him.
*Cassandra Haven: Career minded woman, at the top of her game.
I didn't warm to her either but didn't dislike her either as I feel you can understand her.
*Polly Kent: Her dad is VERY rich but she's working in an office because she wants to!
A bubbly, lovely girl I really liked this character. Bit naive though!
The story revolves around the three characters above.
All 3 happen to work at the same company in London but have never run into each other at work.
Clark makes a bet with 2 of his friends that he can walk into the bar they're in with a woman on each arm; 1 with the brains, 1 with the beauty.
....Enter Cassandra and Polly!
He enters into a 'relationship' with Polly and she falls madly and deeply in love with him! (Poor Polly!)
He then has a fling with Cassandra when away at a works conference, he has no idea who she is as she just propositions him and gets him into bed!
Cassandra meanwhile has a plan of her own....
Both of the girls end up pregnant at the same time with Clarks baby and he of course panics!
I'm not going to say anymore as it gets better and I don't want to spoil the story and the twists!!!
* A great author, really well written.
* Good characters, love them or hate them!! I feel most women reading this will like Polly but be irritated at her naiviety!
Clark is a complete ba*&£rd! To me its incomprehendible that the stunning Polly would fall for him!
* The story is enjoyable as its a very original concept, a real page turner I couldn't put it down. Really wanted to know what happened next and some bits were very surprising!
* A must read, I love Shari Low but I think its a great book whether you're a fan or not of the author!