* Prices may differ from that shownMore Offers
Like most people cartridges are those boring essential in life that although its something that makes so much of a difference to my life I seems to take very little attention on which ones I buy,and I have to say with these they haven't let me down.
Unboxing the item is simple unlike any other and with these coming with a cardboard box and comes packaged in a clear cellophane packaging you will simple think they are unlike any generic cartridge and to me personally I think this is great.The cartridges themselves I buy from Whs which most of you might be surprised but with the price on the internet for the genuine cartridges differing such as small amount any other retailer online,the most effective way of purchasing them is to use the 20 % discount vouchers that get given to you with an purchase a some periods of the year. But I do have the say compared to my other epson these cartridges do for some strange reason seem to be more expensive.
When it comes to installing these cartridges user will only really see one difference,that is that the printer uses a sponge system so just remember not to touch the sponge as otherwise you could be left with a horrible wet sticky finger full of ink thats a nightmare to remove. Apart from getting ink covered hand all you need to do is lift the lid on the printer and click the cartridges in. The process simple could be easier .
When it comes to performance the cartridges are simple the best I have ever used. The quality of the black and white print are literally faultless and with comparison to other printer which you do sometimes have to make shore that the documents are not left out in the sun,with this printer there is none of that and it simple just works. The cartridges themselves also seem to last for a huge amount of time with the average cartridges lasting around 400 prints.This to me is really impressive and with children and other member of the house being able to use it due to the wifi function at the least you get your moneys worth.
So overall this is a great buy and is simple a amazing addition
Whenever you purchase ink cartridges for any printer there is always a dilemma about if you should purchase genuine ink cartridges or compatible ink cartridges. In the past I have always gone with the compatible ink cartridges because basically they are cheaper. But is this a false sense of saving?
I recently changed my printer to an Epson XP 30 and like all printers it comes with start-up cartridges. However, this time instead of going to buy compatible ink cartridges I thought I would try the genuine cartridges. By doing this you realise how much better the genuine cartridges are than the compatible ones. I know they are more expensive but the added benefits you get offset the additional cost. The advantages you get from using genuine cartridges are:
1. Genuine cartridges will use all the ink in the cartridge. I was finding when I was using compatible cartridges when you took an old cartridge out you could still tell there was ink in the cartridge because you could hear it if you gently shook the cartridge. When you take a genuine cartridge out there is no ink left in there because if you gently shake the cartridge you cannot hear any ink in there.
2. When you are getting near the end of a genuine ink cartridge you get numerous warnings to say that the ink is low. This enables you to plan your printing better. As a person who does a lot of printing especially colour printing this is a great advantage. Sometimes when I was using compatible cartridges my printing would just stop in the middle of the printing job with no warning whatsoever.
3. When using compatible cartridges if one cartridge needed replacing it would not let you carry on printing with another colour. I came across this when I had to replace the magenta cartridge. The printer asked if I wanted to carry on printing in black. If I did I just needed to adjust the settings for paper and print in grey scale.
4. Probably one of the most important factors to take into consideration is if you start using compatible ink cartridges the warranty on your printer ceases to cover you. So if your printer breaks after a month and you have used compatible cartridges then sorry but you have to buy a new printer!
I think you still have to shop around to get the best price on these cartridges because they do differ greatly. I purchased a 4 pack for £22.00 whereas the compatible cartridges would have cost me about £9. But like I mentioned earlier it is a kind of false saving.
|Product Description:||Epson 18XL - print cartridge - black|
|Consumable Type:||Print cartridge|
|Cartridge Features:||Epson Claria Home Ink|
|Duty Cycle:||Up to 470 pages ISO/IEC 24711/24712|
|Designed For:||Epson MUFC Printer; Expression Home XP-102, XP-202, XP-205, XP-212, XP-215, XP-30, XP-302, XP-305, XP-312, XP-315, XP-402, XP-405, XP-405WH, XP-412, XP-415|